New Member introduction.

R.E.D.

RetiredExtremelyDangerous
Hello,
Well, still working on the Cherokee. Been planing out my electrical needs and trying to make my own relay system. Did not want to pay $350. Just for the relay set up with Painless. It does come in a great sealed up box that would be weather proof in the hood.

Also been busy engineering my ARB twin air compressor. The wiring harness is made to hook the compressor up under the hood. I want to install mine inside the cabin. There are a couple of companies that make a mount for the air compressor under the front seat. But on the XJ the mount or the compressor itself will not fit between the seat rails. I do not want to mount the air compressor on the floor, just in case of water from fording or a leak! So, I came up with a plan and took apart a Sears cheap AC air compressor that I already had, apart to use the tank and regulator. Looks like it will work using the ARB manifold to hook up lines to my air lockers, run air tools and fill up tires as needed. I will finish putting it together tomorrow, I hope! Also, have to cut and lengthen my wiring harness, to power the air compressor from inside the cabin. Right now, going to set things up behind the front seats. Not sure what side to use yet. Want to take out the back bench seat and have a sleeping platform large enough for my 6' body to sleep in a comfortable position. My guess is we will have to see how tall my air compressor set up is and go from there? Will try and post up some pictures to show how I did things. Benz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles