Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NPS 300 Crewcab questions

I’m really interested in your opinion of the setup once all fitted what sort of weight do you expect to be ??

I will probably be 6t plus. I have enclosed the tray, will have my quad bike, a lot of my building tools, camping gear, fridge, 200lt or water etc- we r going around oz for a yr or 2 so if it fits it coming with us! If I get time before I go I would like to check axle weights for peice of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    I am picking up a set and getting the ssa suspension fitted next week...going to be an expensive few days😬
    Good one Cuddy!

Kym dropped off a set of 6x Rims & Trackmaster tyres at Brisbane airport for me yesterday. It is costing me AUS$ 2,500 in air-freight and customs clearing into Cape Town alone! Going to be an expensive few days this side of the world too!

May your new setup give you thousands of kms of trouble free travel!!
    2015 Fuso FG6-136 LWB for work
    and
    2017 Fuso FG6-136 LWB for play
    Also own:
    1953 Chevrolet 210 4-door model
    and a whole bunch of other cars & trucks for work and play including 2x AMG Mercs, 1x Merc Vito, more Fusos of different denomination, a 2016 Suzuki Jimny and a road legal electric golf cart.

Boldly going where everyone else has already been!

Default Watching that 6,000kg GVM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    I have enclosed the tray, will have my quad bike, a lot of my building tools, camping gear, fridge, 200lt or water etc- we r going around oz for a yr or 2 so if it fits it coming with us!
    PS. Cuddy those kgs add up very quickly as I have just discovered, so watch your weight.

To begin with I thought I had ample load capacity on a 6 ton Fuso but it soon adds up. Before I started modifying it our body shell only weighed 900kg. We've just completed the build and had a dry weigh in for registration of my new truck and the Fuso came in at 5,800kg!

This overlander is not going to be of much use with a payload of only 200kg!

So we are desperately throwing off some of those non-essentials (that cost me so much darn money!!) for a trip back to the weigh bridge this coming week in order to ensure the truck gets at least a 500kg payload whilst still coming in under the 6,000kg GVM.

You live and learn.
    2015 Fuso FG6-136 LWB for work
    and
    2017 Fuso FG6-136 LWB for play
    Also own:
    1953 Chevrolet 210 4-door model
    and a whole bunch of other cars & trucks for work and play including 2x AMG Mercs, 1x Merc Vito, more Fusos of different denomination, a 2016 Suzuki Jimny and a road legal electric golf cart.

Boldly going where everyone else has already been!

Quote Originally Posted by Family Friendly 4x4 View Post
    You live and learn.
    Some do... others, not so much.
    My attempt to build something to go somewhere else...
    Canter4x4.com

Good one Cuddy!

Kym dropped off a set of 6x Rims & Trackmaster tyres at Brisbane airport for me yesterday. It is costing me AUS$ 2,500 in air-freight and customs clearing into Cape Town alone! Going to be an expensive few days this side of the world too!

May your new setup give you thousands of kms of trouble free travel!!
    WOW ! That certainly makes it an expensive excersise!

PS. Cuddy those kgs add up very quickly as I have just discovered, so watch your weight.

You live and learn.
    Yes I have been mindful of this whilst fabricating up all of the bits and pieces. I have a gvm of 6500 kg Tare 4400kg, so that's around 2100 kg to play with. Hopefully when I'm loaded up I won't have to offload to many "non essential " items.... hmmm that might be difficult!

Sold my second NPS tonight so now have the funds to get on with my camper build, bolted on a ECB winch bar last night now for front and rear winches looking a 17000lb Sherpa Mule twin motor winches anyone got any feedback on them?? I like the redundancy of twin motors plus the longer duty cycle of the winch due to halving the load. So far the Jacksons Carry me Camper is the leader as far as slide on camper goes Ive looked at trayon and outback aswell as Travellander, all are well made but really would prefer a side entry as i wish to mount my spares on the rear winch bar to shift weight back and hopefully make the incab ride a little better.
    Im leaning more towards a basic no frills camper as that leaves less to fail and also i like the "simply roughing it" part of camping and want to teach my kids to appreciate it also. I see too many kids glued to ipads and such when the real attraction is all around them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
    I see too many kids glued to ipads and such when the real attraction is all around them.
    Good in theory, but if history teaches us anything, it's that you cannot stop the world moving forward. Just ask the dinosaurs...
    My attempt to build something to go somewhere else...
    Canter4x4.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
    ...shift weight back and hopefully make the incab ride a little better....
    careful, moving weight to the extremities can increase pitching

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast