New Member RTT Rack Question

Itsthelaw

I have a 2002 F250 and plan to purchase a Mt Denali from CVT. I had a Jeep Wrangler with a trailer and a small CVT that I sold. I loved being able to drop the trailer. Won't be the same with the RTT over the bed, but will still be great. I'm looking for options for the rack to support the tent. CVT shows a Thule XSporter for $799. I have heard that they are not super stout. They also show another rack for $1500. I have a local guy who will weld me a "cage" for about $400, but it will be permanent. I want to be able to hang MTN bikes off gate and carry a tandem kayak and SUP. Sometimes it might be bikes and RTT, sometimes kayak and SUP with RTT, or maybe all at once. I may not want permanent rack, and I really want flexibility. Cost is always a consideration, because I have so many things I "need". Anyone want to let me know what has worked well for them? I am extremely excited to have RTT again!

bigdecals

I have a 2002 F250 and plan to purchase a Mt Denali from CVT. I had a Jeep Wrangler with a trailer and a small CVT that I sold. I loved being able to drop the trailer. Won't be the same with the RTT over the bed, but will still be great. I'm looking for options for the rack to support the tent. CVT shows a Thule XSporter for $799. I have heard that they are not super stout. They also show another rack for $1500. I have a local guy who will weld me a "cage" for about $400, but it will be permanent. I want to be able to hang MTN bikes off gate and carry a tandem kayak and SUP. Sometimes it might be bikes and RTT, sometimes kayak and SUP with RTT, or maybe all at once. I may not want permanent rack, and I really want flexibility. Cost is always a consideration, because I have so many things I "need". Anyone want to let me know what has worked well for them? I am extremely excited to have RTT again!

Have you seen these guys?
www americanvan dot com
They have a good selection of racks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior