North Slope Road, Uinta Mountains

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Took a quick day trip to North Slope Road in the Uinta Mountains yesterday along the Utah and Wyoming for some exploring and to see the fall colors along with some unexpected snow covered mountains.

A cold start at 10,235 feet.

Aspens changing colors.

Black's Fork Commissary ruins

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Along FS 073 probably the rough stretch of the trail but not by much, FS 074 is a little rougher out to Suicide Park.

Stop for lunch at China Meadows campground. I was the only one there besides a some campers outside the campground over the ridge (wouldn't know they were there had I not checked out the area). Despite the cold temperatures (around 43*F at this time) it wasn't a bad spot for lunch though when the wind picked up it got a little chiller.

Made a quick stop at East Marsh Lake to check it out, campground was basically dead besides a family and a camper across the lake.

The final stop of the day was the trail head for Kings Peak (highest in Utah), Henry's Fork to check it out since an earlier planned attempt to hike it with some coworkers fell apart. The parking lot was nearly full with two groups just getting back. I can only imagine the cold night they had to have had with the snow from the previous day.

Overall, it was a great trip and worth some more exploring and camping in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz