2013 Nissan NV3500HD with 4x4, pop-top, interior, Aluminess bumpers +++ For Sale

Jon Nelson

Observer
My Project:
• In late 2013 while still owning our second Sprinter, I decided I wanted 4x4, move away from Mercedes, and move to a gas engine. Since Nissan was the last body on frame van manufactured and since two companies do relatively minor invasive 4x4 conversions we bought the last new silver 2013 left in the US from a dealer in Oklahoma through a dealer in CO at the end of February 2014. On it's way to CO it made a detour to Salt Lake for 4x4 conversion before it even landed on the CO dealer's lot. I flew out to CO in March 2014 and drove the van across town to Colorado Camper Vans where they installed windows and the pop-top bed area.
• I flew back to Colorado at the end of June, picked up the van, toured CO for two weeks with a window cargo interior. Upon return to CA, I did a quick 3 day plywood build to test out my space ideas which was adequate enough for CA DMV to license it as a motorhome. Yes, it is licensed as a motorhome.
• Throughout the summer of 2014 we went to 5 conversion places to price out my interior ideas (including a trip to Oregon to a conversion company we had used before) and no one wanted to take on a one-off project based on my idea.
• In November of 2014, I told my wife I was going to take three weeks off from work to build the real interior. That three weeks turned into three months and now three years later the interior is still not 100% completed. Basically I didn't know what I didn't know and have HUGE respect for the time and $ it takes to build out a van conversion! I did take some time away to complete some other projects including a total recycle of a beach shack tiny house (where we live). I've also been on the road a bunch in 2017 as an outdoor product rep (108 days in the van every night & over 15,500 miles across six southwestern states).
• Fast forward to now. My wife and I are both changing jobs. We might be moving to a different city. I lose my workshop and storage space in October. And I need to change to a vehicle that can park in a parking garage. So the van is up for sale.

The Skinny:
• 2013 Nissan NV 3500 HD High Top Cargo Van purchased Feb 2014
• Currently 45,000 miles (this is my daily driver) - 50%+ of that highway travel
• 5.6 V8 gas engine – 25gal factory fuel tank
• 4x4 Conversion by Advanced Four Wheel Drive in March 2014
• Windows by Colorado Camper Van in July 2014
• Pop-Top by Colorado Camper Van in July 2014 (with the artic insulation option)
• Front & Rear Bumpers by Aluminess in fall of 2014
• Warn 16.5Ti Winch by Aluminess in fall of 2014
• Stock Steel Wheels powder coated black
• Changed factory tires to (5) BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A LT285/70R17 @ 3,500 miles
Changed the BFG's to (4) Nitto Terra Grappler LT285/70R17 @ 34,000 miles
The 5th BFG is still the spare – never used
Why the change to Nitto? Peace of mind. The BFG's are rated for 3,195 lb and the Nitto's are rated for 3,750 lb. That's 555lbs more rating per tire. The BFG's are also 121/123R speed rated and the Nitto's are rated at 126/123R. More piece of mind when driving in Utah!
• Body modification & propane tank by Jerry November 2014
• Everything else... by Jon

Power:
• 250amp American Power Alternator
• Bosch AGM Starting Battery
• (2) Lifeline 8D Coach Batteries – 510ah total
• Sterling 120amp Battery to Battery Charging Controller – 120amps to coach batteries
• (3) 100watt Solar Panels w/ Bogart Engineering Controller
• Progressive Industries 30amp Shore Power Controller
• Sterling 2500watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter with 70amp DC charging
• Bogart Engineering DC Charge Monitor
• Seven AC Power Breakers
• Seven DC Power Breakers
• One 450amp and One 500amp DC Routing Switches
• (2) Switch-Pros Switch Panel Power Systems (16 circuits total)
• 3.3gal Propane Tank

Comfort:
• 7500 btu Dometic Air Conditioner with Heat Strip – split system with condenser under van – can run off batteries or shore power
• Propex HS2800 LP Furnace
• Precision Temp LP On Demand Hot Water Heater (removed, would not work at high
altitude)
• ARB 50qt Refrigerator/Freezer
• Nature's Head Composting Toilet
• 38gal Fresh Water Supply Tank (inside van)
• 18gal Gray Water Waste Tank (underneath van)

Extras:
• Yaesu 8900 Ham Radio
• CB Radio
• Wilson Cellular Amplifier
• DeLorme InReach Explorer with external antenna

What Is Left To Complete:
• Shower Enclosure (plumbing, venting, and light wiring is ready)
• Ceiling Panels – I have the material I was going to use & I have the LED ceiling lights
• Front Bumper Lights – I have them and the switching/control wiring is in place
• Hot Water Heater Installation – the Original $1,200 Precision Temp would not work at higher
altitudes – I have purchased a different brand but have not done the install
• Odd's & Ends & touch-up items

Sale Price:
• I have ALL of the receipts (and will give the sizable box to the new owner). I have all of the maintenance and service records too. Basically the receipt box totals more than $100,000. Not counting labor. We have the van insured for $85,000. I've started all listings that require an asking price with a price of $65,000. Now $56,000. Let's talk! Highest, first, reasonable offer will get the van that's been featured on the internet and in magazines and will drive away my dream (at a fabulous deal)!

For some reason I can't get but a few of the pictures to load on ExPo. Contact me and I'll email you a dropbox share with all of the pictures.
Jon Nelson voice/text: (949) 500-6324 - I live in Orange County, CA

Van1small.jpgVan5small.jpgVan7small.jpgVan9small.jpg

Last edited:

Jon Nelson

Observer
I don't have an asking price. I don't have a minimum price. I have $ numbers in the description as to what I've put into the van. I need to turn this van into a city parking and parking garage capable vehicle for the next chapter in my life. This is a race for a special van and the first person that can write a reasonable check will drive away with my dream. And... I'm sure the buyer will be very happy with the purchase price.

adam88

Explorer
I don't have an asking price. I don't have a minimum price. I have $ numbers in the description as to what I've put into the van. I need to turn this van into a city parking and parking garage capable vehicle for the next chapter in my life. This is a race for a special van and the first person that can write a reasonable check will drive away with my dream. And... I'm sure the buyer will be very happy with the purchase price.

Sigh. Once again... the forum rules require you to post a price. So either post a price, or don't post your ad here. By wilfully ignoring them you are disrespecting the owners of this site who have chosen to provide you with a free platform to list your ad. They do not charge you anything, and yet they provide you with FREE service to access potential customers. All they ask is that you kindly follow their rules.

Jon Nelson

Observer
Does this not satisfy for an asking price?

"I've started all listings that require an asking price with a price of $65,000."

Or did I miss a price tab/item box that I should have filled in?

Last edited:

CuStOm

Adventurer
Nice job Jon. Excellent work.
Adding the price the way you did is quite sufficient. Adam is running for a forum moderator position evidently and needs to be mildly over the top.

Jon Nelson

Observer
Thanks CuStOm. I thought my first draft would be sufficient but evidently I didn't use enough words. Besides, I enjoyed detention after school. The secretary sometimes would share left over cake (probably so the mice didn't get it overnight).

docmaas

Adventurer
Don't see a way to pm you but I would like the pics as I am redoing my vehicle and always looking for ideas.

Mike

Jon Nelson

Observer
docmaas click on the screen name it there is a send message tab - the messaging system is in the upper right of the main screen - under notifications is how I enter the message system - I'll send you one so it might be red by the time you see this

gblakley - 10'2" to the top of the solar panels with the top down - I sent you a message as well

adam88

Explorer
Does this not satisfy for an asking price?

"I've started all listings that require an asking price with a price of $65,000."

Or did I miss a price tab/item box that I should have filled in?

Sure that satisfies it. I was merely responding to your post where you said you didn't have an asking price. You never mentioned anything about editing the post and updating it with a subtly slipped in price.

Nice job Jon. Excellent work.
Adding the price the way you did is quite sufficient. Adam is running for a forum moderator position evidently and needs to be mildly over the top.

Just trying to be courteous and help someone follow the rules and add a price. Some people have issues with following simple rules though, and others (like you) apparently take offense to having rules enforced. It's not worth you getting worked up about though, CuStOm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94