So whose 4Runner rollover in CO is this?

^^^ Outcome? Story?

Two different stories on the Wrangler rollover on Imogene. 1st story was, the Wrangler driver tried to make room for a UTV to get by on a shelf road. Got too close to the edge, and the road gave away. 2nd story, 1st timers, got scared on the shelf road, tried to turn around to go back, and road gave away. Both of these explanations were making the rounds at the Ouray Jeep Jamboree I was attending last weekend.

Occupants were airlifted out and expected to recover.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Do you really think the engineers who designed this SUV for offroad travel, and allowed the option of a factory roof rack to carry luggage would not have built in a margin of safety when it comes to tipping? One spare tire on the roof did not cause that 4Runner to tip over. That was driver error.
No I don't. That tire up there changed the center of gravity. You can tell it was a slow roll over, so it means it was really close to not rolling over.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
fantasy-football-golden-armchair-quarterback-trophy-tw70052-g_5-spectrom-engraving.jpg

None of you guys ever *******ed up before? :p

Armchair quarterbacking is my favorite pastime.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Perhaps the actual driver could chime in here and tell us what really happened? It's not like he's totally unknown with that plate?

rayra

Expedition Leader
well I was asking to find out what particular mistake the driver made, so I could try to avoid the same. The pictures seem to indicate a high line would be better, or if going low taking a more downhill angle SLOWLY to take the dip then correct down the road. 'WRECKED' doesn't seem to have done either and I'm wondering why.

Patrollife

Explorer
Black Bear pass was the first 4x4 trail I had ever done. Before BBP I had done a few moderate trails, but nothing at that level. I, too, almost rolled at that very exact spot in my FJ. You hit it at just the right angle and at a bad speed and the momentum tips you over.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I don't mean this as a criticism but more as a warning to others - something really flawed about hitting a marquee / 'difficult' trail right off the bat. Like a new skier hitting a black diamond run. It would be better to experiment and learn on easier trails with far less at stake when a mistake is made.

Patrollife

Explorer
I don't mean this as a criticism but more as a warning to others - something really flawed about hitting a marquee / 'difficult' trail right off the bat. Like a new skier hitting a black diamond run. It would be better to experiment and learn on easier trails with far less at stake when a mistake is made.

Totally agree ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch

<---Pass
well I was asking to find out what particular mistake the driver made, so I could try to avoid the same. The pictures seem to indicate a high line would be better, or if going low taking a more downhill angle SLOWLY to take the dip then correct down the road. 'WRECKED' doesn't seem to have done either and I'm wondering why.

Riiiiiiight.....

ttfjc

weekend wheeler
And i would put money on it that the insurance paid to have this thing fixed...the driver has a picture worth a thousand words and a crazy story. it sucks when stuff like this happens but they will come out just fine. no one was hurt you can buy a new TRD PRO still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles