So whose 4Runner rollover in CO is this?

rayra

Expedition Leader
And how did you get in that mess? Even that bad line shouldn't have caused that, what else happened? Jam the breaks at just the wrong time to tuck it into a roll? Wheel on the roof make it too tippy?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sad-day-for-2017-4Runner-wheeling-somewhere-in-CO-/5-2033488/ re a topic at T4r.org

IMG_0170_JPG-309627.jpg
IMG_0171_JPG-309629.jpg
IMG_0173_JPG-309631.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
If he came off that little ledge to quickly with the wheel turned like that, I could see the flop.

That's what I'm seeing. In the last photo, it paints a picture. Front driver side drops, rear passenger comes off the ground. Momentum, angle on those rocks and maybe the weight of that tire...

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Don't know colorado well, is this close to where the toyota went 600' down the cliff and it killed the guy/almost killed another recently? Seems there has been a rash of this stuff this year. A buddy was at the little fj event out there and said there were several fj's that flopped for no reason. One almost went for a ride sideways down a mountain. Sucks but sometimes drivers let their ego write checks their *** can't cash.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
It went over slow, or it would have kept going. I bet the spare tire was the straw that broke the camels back in this situation. Note to all you Beverly hillbillies.

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
I thought you did something on Toyotas to prevent side air bag deployment. Its a switch or automatic when you go into low range or something?

RSCA button. It turns off the side curtain airbags. Not sure about the other ones though. Pushing a little button sure would have lowered the cost on this situation...

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
That's black bear. About 150 yards before the tippy corner everyone takes pics of. That spot isn't very tippy, but if things come together right between line choice and driver inputs you clearly can roll there. Sorry to see it, what a horrible day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles