Custom M416 w/ MT. McKinley RTT in Salem Oregon

Frogprince

Observer
Morning,

After our 10 day hunting trip this year we have decided it is time to let go of our expedition trailer. Mainly this is due to an expanding family and my wife struggled getting up and down the ladder while pregnant. So after some discussion we have agreed to look for an pop up trailer that will fill our needs.

About the Trailer.

Trailer is a modified M416 style. The box of the trailer is taller than a normal unit and the previous builders installed an aluminium lid with gas struts. It has a few small holes in the lid due to the previous owner installing the tent directly to the lid. It suffered some damage in this configuration and I had it repaired during the time I had the tent platform installed. It still has one issue with the rear swing door latch. On the left side it refuses to stay latched and I have bypassed this by installing eye bolts and using tie downs. Also the paint is not in the best shape and really needs to be sanded down and redone. There was lots of stickers on the trailer and they where just painted over with Rustolem after the welding to prevent rusting. Though it is hard to tell and since I used this thing off road I wasn't worried about a rougher finish.

Purchased from a fellow member on here about a year ago. Under my ownership I have modified the trailer slightly by trying to make it more functional and easier to use. The modifications are the following;

ARK XO Jockey Wheel
2 Linear Actuators to Raise and lower 15-18"
Tent Platform welded to the tub
LED Marker Lights and Taillights
7 Pin Trailer Wiring with junction box
CVT Awning mounted to the tent platform

The trailer includes the CVT Mt. McKinley roof top tent and annex which is the largest tent they make. This is the dual ladder tent and can be sectioned off to be basically two tents though we have never used it that way and put a king sized sleeping bag in the top and used the extra room for blankets and storage.

Also included is the screen room for the Awning which has not been used just in the bag. 3 Additional Jeep Rims and Tires (All tires are in great shape)

Since we are looking to move to a pop up we are open to trades. If we are going to trade the requirements are pretty simple; King sized bed on one side of the trailer, ability to do light off road adventures, and a heater. We also have considered one with the toy hauler area just to have some extra storage space.

Asking $6500 OBO or Trade

LOCATED IN SLC

Attachments

• 20170917_191305.jpg
    20170917_191305.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:

Frogprince

Observer
I know this isn't the best picture of the inside of the trailer. It is still full from our hunting trip and we normally store our gear inside the trailer.

Currently the Annex is drying out in the garage from the trip, and there wasn't room to deploy the awning and still get our other vehicle out of the driveway.

20170918_183304.jpg

Last edited:

Frogprince

Observer
Bump for the weekend.

Just gearing up to put in storage for the winter. I should note that the photos of above are with the tent and lid are with the platform in the lowest position. From this point it can raised 16 inches with the two linear actuators.

Open to reasonable offers.

Last edited:

Frogprince

Observer
I have honestly never weighed it. I would guess that is under 1000lbs with no cargo.

I am just south of Salt Lake City in Midvale Utah.

Frogprince

Observer
Another week and another bump.

Still wanting to move on to a new owner before (if) we relocate. Open to reasonable offers.

Frogprince

Observer
Price Drop to $4500

In town thru the 1st of December and then this will be moved into storage. To hard to move vehicles, trailers and motorcycles long distance all in one go.

Frogprince

Observer
Going to bring this backup to the top.

The trailer is still in storage in Nevada and could be purchased there or I am heading down to bring up to the Salem Oregon area the end of May.

It has been a great trailer and we have gone back and forth about options and keeping it. Just going to need something more family friendly the next few years.

Frogprince

Observer
Camping season is gearing up. Still looking at passing this off to a new family that could get some good use out of it.

Might be willing to separate the tent and trailer for the right offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste