Lr3 aftermarket head unit.

kissmywassp

Observer
okay maybe this a dumb question but I'm a younger LR3 owner with not much radio experience. So my nav screen is currently working on my '07 HSE, but the features are obviously dated, however I do enjoy the 4x4 info screen & the info it offers about the car. Specifically because I have the HD and its nice to see the rear diff locking / unlocking. So I assume if you upgrade to a different head unit there is no way to keep these OE screens some how integrated into the new one? I see this was partially discussed on this thread but didn't really see a definitive answer

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
The answer would be no. If you go aftermarket you will lose the 4x4 screen. It's a cool little gimmick but it really has no real world use. I just turn off the screen in both our LR3 when I get I. So I don't have to look at life through windows 95.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
okay maybe this a dumb question but I'm a younger LR3 owner with not much radio experience. So my nav screen is currently working on my '07 HSE, but the features are obviously dated, however I do enjoy the 4x4 info screen & the info it offers about the car. Specifically because I have the HD and its nice to see the rear diff locking / unlocking. So I assume if you upgrade to a different head unit there is no way to keep these OE screens some how integrated into the new one? I see this was partially discussed on this thread but didn't really see a definitive answer

What features are you looking for from an aftermarket head unit?

Ray_G

Explorer
It is not easy with the HK stereos that the vast vast majority of NAS spec trucks have, that's for sure. Far easier on the base spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
My only complaint with Land Rover stereos from that era is that there is not a good way to play an iPhone. I can't speak for everyone, but that is the only thing I use for music/podcasts in my car. I ended up installing a aux input from navtv.com in my wife's 2006 Range Rover which basically integrates into the MOST system and has two RCA inputs. I then bought a ~$20 bluetooth to RCA adaptor and now have Bluetooth audio in the Range Rover. It was pretty simple to install. In an LR3 I think you can modify the Car Configuration File to have rear seat entertainment which will add a soft key to the nav screen for auxiliary use. In the Range Rover you need an on/off switch to enable the aux audio. I just leave the switch on all the time.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I used a “USA Spec” (that's the brand name) unit in my LR3 to connect my iPhone via Bluetooth and/or usb. These days I prefer Grom Auto units. About $150, but easy to install and work great.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
I used a “USA Spec” (that's the brand name) unit in my LR3 to connect my iPhone via Bluetooth and/or usb. These days I prefer Grom Auto units. About $150, but easy to install and work great.

How do you switch from radio to BT audio?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz