1993 Range Rover Classic SWB 300TDI R380 5spd

mdlimy

I have this listed on my local (Portland Oregon) Craigslist, so Ive just copied the details from my add. I'm hoping you guys can appreciate it more than the Craigslist yankers. :D

I am selling my 300tdi converted 1993 Range Rover to help fund building a shop. I am open to reasonable offers but absolutely no trades. All the work was done by myself and the conversion parts imported by myself with the help of a friend in the UK.

This truck is extremely clean, couple small spots(less than the size of a dime) of surface rust, not even what most would consider rust, most people wouldn't even point it out....absolutely no rust holes. The exterior was clay bared, polished and waxed over the summer and the paint is in great shape. Anyone that knows the usual condition of these trucks will surely be happy with the condition of this particular truck.

The interior is in good shape, not perfect by any means but better shape than most. The heated seats do not work, nor the auto dimming rear view mirror. Everything else functions, including power seats and mirrors. If it was perfect I would be asking more for the truck.

The truck runs and drives great with no mechanical issues. I really enjoy driving it, it's a great comfy ride without all the typical land rover v8 problems. It's also a late model classic, so it has the Wabco Abs system, which is a real improvement in braking compared to the early vacuum booster systems. It stops great! Would be a great overland vehicle with some more goodies.

I did not swap the gauge cluster. . .So it still says "unleaded fuel" on the gauge and is slightly different than the diesel clusters, but the tachometer works perfect along with the Speedometer and all the other lights.
Does not have a Glow plug light. Glow plug relay activates for 10 seconds from the time the ignition is turned on. Would not be hard to install a light.

-1993 Range Rover County short wheel base, originally a 3.9L V8 Automatic
-167k miles, clean Oregon title in my name
-300tdi with 115k miles, timing belt, water pump, pulleys, rear main etc replaced when swapped.
-Cleaned Injectors
-lt230 manual locking transfer case
-New clutch pressure plate, disc, throw out bearing, master cylinder, slave cylinder and surfaced flywheel
-r380 5spd transmission with 115k miles, shifts smoothly in all gears, much smoother than the LT77 transmissions
-Tires with about 65% tread left
-Coil springs...no air suspension
-Bilstein shocks all the way around, along with an OME steering stabilizer.
-Custom 2.5" aluminum intercooler piping and silicone couplers to replace the old rubber hoses that always rot out.
-Custom 3" stainless steel downpipe
-Clean oregon title in my name

It has a Kenwood head unit with a aux cord. The head unit is hooked up to the factory A/D/S sound system which consists of an amplifier and factory subwoofer along with a bass adjustment knob for the subwoofer on the dash.

No warning lights on the dash, everything still functioning properly.

Id like to be as transparent as possible so that there are no surprises if you decide to come check the truck out.
A few little things that I had meant to get around to doing but just never did. The truck is still in very exceptional condition, but I would like to point out all the negatives.

All the original v8 A/C components(lines, condenser, evaporator, etc....) are fitted except the pump and pulley, I was planning on fitting a 300tdi pump and pulley and hooking up the existing v8 A/C lines but never got around to it (not much motivation with Oregon weather), I don't really have any issues with defrost without the ac, maybe because the heated windshield is still doing its job.
The heater works great.

The cruise control was another thing I was meaning to get around to doing until I spoke with some 300tdi owners that had fitted the cruise control and mentioned it doesn't work well at all with the mechanical diesel and is a real pain to setup, so I decided I wouldn't mess with it. Definitely something that can be done and has been done by plenty of people.

The center console/arm rest where the window switches mount is not in great shape, a good example of classic interiors falling apart. It literally fell apart on me when removing during the conversion. I manged to get it all fitted back together and it is holding up well but its definitely not perfect as shown in the picture.

The ignition and door locks take different keys, fairly certain the ignition barrel could be repined to match the doors. I have two keys for each.

I have the brush guard for the front, its in pretty good condition, I cleaned it up over the summer and threw a coat of paint on it but decided I preferred the look of the truck without it. Will include with the sale.

Please feel free to email, call or text me. If I don't answer, please leave a message. I prefer texting or emailing as its easy for me to keep track of who is interested and to make sure I answer all questions.

Asking $10,500 obo, please don't ask me how low I will go. My time is valuable as I would think yours is too. If your planning on making an offer please let me know, I really don't have time to show the vehicle to someone that is going to offer me $8k. rover13.jpg

Attachments

• rover2.jpg
    rover2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 83
  • rover3.jpg
    rover3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 68
  • rover5.jpg
    rover5.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 70
  • rover6.jpg
    rover6.jpg