D1 Suspension set-up

Gimebakmybulits

Spoke with ARB today and they said that their Nitrocharger shocks are still made in Australia but some of the steering stabilizers are made in Mexico. If you friend has verifiable proof it would be nice if you could post it.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Spoke with ARB today and they said that their Nitrocharger shocks are still made in Australia but some of the steering stabilizers are made in Mexico. If you friend has verifiable proof it would be nice if you could post it.

So you're telling me that some guy on the internet claiming that he knows a guy that says OME shocks are made in China might have some incorrect information? Imagine that.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
My earlier statement was false. They now stamp the reverse side of the shock absorber. This 2016 manufactured set obtained from Rovers North is marked MADE IN AUSTRALIA

37693442212_fe1d4f42d0_b.jpg

37677228336_5daf08d3c1_b.jpg

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Made as in assembled... Sorry but I'm sticking with my source; who I'm not going to expose. Loads of companies get parts manufactured in China or Taiwan. Some great engineering companies there. Good trade deals as well. As to assembly - again it can be done anywhere. Global economy and all that. Buying and using products made in China is no bad thing, good and bad products from all over the world. I don't like the generic valving on the 'new' OME shocks. Only because I've had sets fail. Don't really care whre they are made. In 35 years I've yet to have a Bilstein fail on me - so I'll stick with them...

Gimebakmybulits

Made as in assembled... Sorry but I'm sticking with my source; who I'm not going to expose. Loads of companies get parts manufactured in China or Taiwan. Some great engineering companies there. Good trade deals as well. As to assembly - again it can be done anywhere. Global economy and all that. Buying and using products made in China is no bad thing, good and bad products from all over the world. I don't like the generic valving on the 'new' OME shocks. Only because I've had sets fail. Don't really care whre they are made. In 35 years I've yet to have a Bilstein fail on me - so I'll stick with them...

LOL....It's the internet, I'm pretty sure your "source" would be safe.
ThyssenKrupp(BILSTEIN)
ThyssenKrupp Presta Shanghai Co., Ltd.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
In 35 years I've yet to have a Bilstein fail on me - so I'll stick with them...

Interesting since I've seen probably a dozen Bilsteins fail in different modes. I even had the shaft of a Bilstein poke a hole in the tub on my Defender after the eyelet sheared off the shaft. I've seen that happen to at least three other Bilsteins in person.

PabloM

I have ran OME in my Discovery I for a long time now. But one thing I noticed since 2013 (when I changed the first set of shocks for the second one) is that the rear Left wheel started to extend to it's full and make noise when cornering. The top shaft ceased and the shock came apart from the eyelet. Got a warranty replacement and same thing happened. I think that something changed from the original specifications. Been thinking on switching to another brand since I cannot rely on getting another shock and have the same issue over and over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles