D1 Suspension set-up

barukinzs

Observer
I need to replace my blown Terrafirma shock and I thought this will be a good time to replace them all. I have TF +2" lift springs, 245/75 BFG KO2 AT's. I'm happy with the current set-up but I think I can improve, I'm open to your thoughts on other brands and suspension set-up.

Main use 70/30 (tarmac/off-road).

Thank you!

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Bilstein, Monroe or Gabriel

The new OME Chinese made stuff is too hard on the damping. Run light and you risk mount breakage

Monroe built the old OME bodies for OME, with SuperPro Bushes, so a Monroe Adventure is essentially an old OME

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
I need to replace my blown Terrafirma shock and I thought this will be a good time to replace them all. I have TF +2" lift springs, 245/75 BFG KO2 AT's. I'm happy with the current set-up but I think I can improve, I'm open to your thoughts on other brands and suspension set-up.

Main use 70/30 (tarmac/off-road).

Thank you!

What
Tf shocks didi you have? They have come a long way in the last year or so.
I like OME but my main issue with them is they are stock length. At $100 each they are not cheap.

In my experience the NEW adjustable Pro Sports from TF are the best bang for the buck.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer

The new OME Chinese made stuff is too hard on the damping. Run light and you risk mount breakage

Monroe built the old OME bodies for OME, with SuperPro Bushes, so a Monroe Adventure is essentially an old OME

Can you cite a source on that? Just curious if this is a rumour or fact.

barukinzs

Observer
What
Tf shocks didi you have? They have come a long way in the last year or so.
I like OME but my main issue with them is they are stock length. At $100 each they are not cheap.

In my experience the NEW adjustable Pro Sports from TF are the best bang for the buck.

I have the TF116/117. Overall, I think they're decent shocks. I just thought with a blown rear shock it would be a good time to try something new. I decided to go with the OME's and so far happy with the result. Stock length it's actually not an issue since my current set up allows a bit of sag.

barukinzs

Observer

Mine still has the made in AU stamp.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Mine still has the made in AU stamp.

I have an old 2006 set, australia stamped, top sleeve has the old stickers saying 'built tough in Australia' or whatever.

Put on a 2016 set from RN, NO stamp, no sticker. They've been good but now I wonder as well...

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Can you cite a source on that? Just curious if this is a rumour or fact.

Which bit.

Yes OME shocks and springs are now made in China - since the colour change. Yes they are valved too hard as they are valved for a range of vehicles..

Yes Monroe built the old bodies, SuperPro did makes the bushes, King made the springs. Yes a Monroe Adventure is basically the same as an old OME

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Which bit.

Yes Monroe built the old bodies, SuperPro did makes the bushes, King made the springs. Yes a Monroe Adventure is basically the same as an old OME

This bit. I noticed the ones I installed on my D90 a couple years ago were different than the ones I installed on my DII ten years ago. I just mean is this fact that Monroe made the shocks or is this just something you heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles