still the most importan meal...

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Strong espresso from a Moka pot? It isn't even espresso.

Actually it is. The moka pot forces pressurized steam through the grounds. That's pretty much the definition of "espresso".

Don't get me wrong, the Moka pot is great, but if you want to call it espresso, it certainly wouldn't be strong espresso.

My mom had one like this:

micro-casa-leva.jpg

I started pulling the handle on that thing when I was about six. Dunno how many times I tore it down and overhauled it over the next fourty years.

My moka pot produces exactly the same final product - though more of it and I don't drink it in demitasse cups with a sliver of lemon peel the way mom used to - I just fill up a mug. And steamed milk is a hassle so I don't bother.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Actually it is. The moka pot forces pressurized steam through the grounds. That's pretty much the definition of "espresso".

Espresso is brewed at 9 bar, so by definition a moka pot doesn't brew espresso. They also taste totally different. A moka pot makes a great strong cup of coffee, but I've never had coffee from a moka pot that tasted at all like espresso.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
There will be haters but, I don't eat anything from an animal source after having a number of heart attacks.
My wife and I eat oatmeal for breakfast mostly when overlanding.

So, chorizo & eggs for breakfast eaters:

be22545d9d38cc6de29fc8e913f4e446--plus-size-black-dresses-sexy-plus-size.jpg

or

oatmeal for breakfast eaters (blonde woman is my buddy Ella):

trainer-of-the-month-ella-mangers-3.jpg

You are totally correc....... wait a minute, thats not right.... what about this guy?http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...thlete-quot-The-Swiss-Machine-quot-dead-at-40

I'll bet he didn't eat chorizo!

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Espresso is brewed at 9 bar, so by definition a moka pot doesn't brew espresso.

Theoretically. But the actual pressure depends on the resistance of the grounds, how hard the handle is pulled and the ambient atmospheric pressure.

But mostly, it's how tight you pack the grounds.

Same with the moka pot. Pack it right and the pressure through the grounds is pretty much the same as the pull handle machine.

They also taste totally different. A moka pot makes a great strong cup of coffee, but I've never had coffee from a moka pot that tasted at all like espresso.

Then whoever set it up didn't set it up to produce espresso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles