Links to LJ builds???

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I'm unloading my LR3 right now to comb back to a Jeep. Specifically a 2005-06 Unlimited Rubicon. If anyone has some links to overland builds in these truck? I'm finding lots of Rock Crawling builds but that's not the direction I want to go.

Lucky j

Explorer
There is an LJ forum out there, but not very active, but you could get so ideas.

Also, here on Expo, in the jeep section or expedition overland vehicule general surch, look for unlimited tj and tjl as well.

Zeep

Adventurer
As far as interior mods, anything that works in a TJ, will work better in a LJ! Suspension wise, I think just cleaning (smoothing) up the under carriage will go a long way. IE; belly up.
At least that is the intention of my eventual build. The break-over angle being the disadvantage of all LJ's.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I have seen some pretty sweet overland LJ setups but I never see build pages. You would think there would be a few on this forum but the few that are here are pretty dead. Best thing to do is find a TJ build that fits what you are looking for and find ideas off that. 95% of TJ parts bolt right up to an LJ, exceptions include sliders, certain interior mods, and racks

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
An LJ with OME springs should allow you to run 33x10 or 34x10 BGF KO2's. Add skid plates and proper bumpers with some organized storage and you will have a very comfortable rig.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Thank yes I want to keep it simple. One coils a belly up pan and 33x10.15's. Something like this. I have to get my piece of junk LR3 sold first.

IMG_0112.JPG

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Safari Top Project (he's constantly updating and tinkering...it's great) - http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/39965-quot-Safari-Cab-quot-modular-hardtop-project

That would be mine. I do roughly 500 miles offroad/overland in it every year, mostly in Colodaro and Utah, but have also done the Mojave and Alaska all the way up the Dalton Highway... and I live in NY State, so it gets to do lots of high speed interstate miles as well. Also happy to answer any questions you might have.

SafariRTTLong1.jpg

EngineerPass_zpsd39d8b00.jpg

Two weeks ago in Colorado:

HurricanePass2_zps98xw2dnz.jpg

Lucky j

Explorer
3,5" metal cloak progressive on 33". Had to up up-grade the rear to arubicon express cause my load with drawer set-up with fridge , tools, high lift and jerry can rear winch was a bit on the heavy side for progressive coil..

It travels off road and on road from may to november. Work on snow plowing duty at my cabin the rest of the year.

image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

piratenation90

Adventurer
I have a build thread some where on here but I don't post on it anymore. If you have an instagram account you can check my build out there (@overland_LJ).

PCO6

Adventurer
Beowulf & Lucky j - When I got my LJ last summer I clipped various LJ pics off of the web, including yours, to give me some direction as to where I wanted to go with mine. It isn't the same as either of yours nor is it finished but you guys gave me some inspiration. Thanks!

picture.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles