What do you guys think of this Pathfinder?

polomasta

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking around here for quite a while but this is my first real post. First, I want to say thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and passions!

I've been into vans for a long time... had a '74 Westfalia in college that I loved and have wanted another van for a while. Finally got my wife on board for some adventuring so have been looking at the E350s with 4x4 conversions. I'm mechanically inclined but by no means a super experienced mechanic, so this is going to be a big learning process for me as well.

Anyway, long story somewhat short my dad just happened to know a guy that has a '91 pathfinder sitting around that he wouldn't mind selling. Here is what (I think) I know about it:

• 1991 Ford E350 extended body
  • Pathfinder 4x4 conversion
  • 7.3l diesel
  • Dana 60 front
  • "Corpret" 70 rear (not sure if that's a typo or what, Google didn't know)
  • E40D automatic transmission
  • ~88k on the odometer (no idea if that's a true 88, or 188 or 588)

Pictures below... my question to y'all is what are your general impressions based on this info and the photos and any idea what a reasonable price for this rig would be based on what we know? Thanks in advance to everyone for looking! Cheers!

Image gallery: https://imgur.com/a/2LIA1

Looks pretty cool and looks like the chassis is in great shape. I think an old van like this CAN be worth $12-16K if it's in good condition, but I can't tell how much it would cost to get it there.....$5K maybe if your handy, $10-15K maybe if your not handy. Value could be around $5K.

I see your in Dallas, I live in the area and think I'm about ready to give mine up. I'll send you a PM.

polomasta

Looks pretty cool and looks like the chassis is in great shape. I think an old van like this CAN be worth $12-16K if it's in good condition, but I can't tell how much it would cost to get it there.....$5K maybe if your handy, $10-15K maybe if your not handy. Value could be around $5K.

I see your in Dallas, I live in the area and think I'm about ready to give mine up. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks so much for the reply, appreciate it! Will follow up on the PM.

BobbyJones

Observer
I'd describe my abilities similar to yours. That being said I wouldn't touch that van without a) a bunch of time on my hands b) an equal amount of money as time and c) a decent garage space. And keep in mind there's no way you're gonna get the $$$ out of it that you'll put into it.

Does look like it would be a good project van if you're looking for the educational experience. A long, frustrating, expensive (but rewarding) educational experience.

polomasta

I'd describe my abilities similar to yours. That being said I wouldn't touch that van without a) a bunch of time on my hands b) an equal amount of money as time and c) a decent garage space. And keep in mind there's no way you're gonna get the $$$ out of it that you'll put into it.

Does look like it would be a good project van if you're looking for the educational experience. A long, frustrating, expensive (but rewarding) educational experience.

haha thanks for the reply Bobby... no doubt that it's a project van!

Definitely have plenty of garage space. Time and money seem to be inversely proportional in most cases, no? Pay more, spend less time working on it.

I've come across newer/nicer vans that are either (1) way more expensive or (2) reasonable price but still need 4x4 conversion + build out.

I guess the main attraction on this Pathfinder is that it sort of just fell into my lap and already has 4x4 and the 7.3L diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles