Question for JKers with a roof rack.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The pic Jeff posted is my Jeep with the KM hinge steps. Here is my opinion on them after over a year of having them between 2 Jeeps. The fronts are useless. I have them more for the lines of the jeep than anything. I actually have never opened the fronts for anything more than show. The rears I use all the time. I had them on my last Jeep with side steps and on my current jeep with zero side step. I absolutely love them on the rear doors. Use all the time while out camping. Now with that being said I would love a smaller foot print on the doors. I think Jeff's design would be awesome if it did come to production. And stepping on it with flip flops on well I don't think would hurt as bad :D. Either way I'm over 6 feet and love what the rear door steps allow me to do.

As far as I know, the steps are on their way to production. I'll verify that with the company, I'll be spending time with them at SEMA next week.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Thank you. Yes, the hardtop is homemade. I made molds and molded the parts in fiberglass.

Nice.. I worked in a fiberglass shop for about a week, rolling out glass after the guy with the chopper gun... I said to hell with this, joined the military 13 years in and no looking back.. LOL

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Any updates on this?
The company did show the steps at SEMA, below is the new product flyer they were handing out at the show. They haven't given me a release date yet but based on the condition of their first run of preproduction prototypes a while back, it seems like they'll be released shortly after the first of the year.

MORrydePoster_zpsc7cgsnr4.jpg

I've been running a set from that first run on my Jeep for about 6 weeks now (with steps) and they've worked out very well.

FullHingeSet3_zpsgxwlhzkg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94