Patriot campers in USA

Routeman

I just recently bought one and couldn't be happier with it. The customer service has been great, and the engineering and quality of the camper trailer is incredible.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Pics Routeman?
X1 or X2 and how long was the waiting period?
Been looking at these for years? My buddy in Margaret River just bought a X1.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I saw it as well. Was thoroughly impressed. Unfortunately, not being able to fit a 37" tire is a deal breaker for me. I will never tow a trailer again that doesn't have matching wheels and tires to the tow rig. When things go terribly wrong that alone can be a life saver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackW

Explorer
I saw those at Expo East and was thoroughly impressed as well - very nice campers and well thought out. The stairway to the upper bunk was killer!

OEX-E17-FRI058-XL.jpg

OEX-E17-FRI059-XL.jpg

OEX-E17-FRI060-XL.jpg

OEX-E17-FRI061-XL.jpg

ttengineer

Adventurer
I saw those at Expo East and was thoroughly impressed as well - very nice campers and well thought out. The stairway to the upper bunk was killer!

OEX-E17-FRI060-XL.jpg

Speaking of the stairs and the room that contained them, I was a little surprised at how narrow/small the room was. It certainly necessitates the need for the add on room if you are camping with a family or friends. I'd be curious to see how cots or air mats get laid out by people who have the trailer as it could get very tight very quick.

It truly is a VERY impressive trailer, mostly because of the tent and bed in my opinion. I personally like the kitchen setup of the Conqueror trailers better though, plus they included flatwear and cutlery. Hopefully, someone with the time and budget here in the states will come up with something that can compete. As of now, turtle back is the closest and they are still far behind in my opinion. This doesn't mean they are not nice, it just means that Patriot and Conqueror and nicer.

john61ct

Adventurer
Wow, super impressive, LUST!

How anyone could complain about "little space" in the upstairs room(!) look at that small light unit packed up, you get a **king size bed** ferkrisake!

Cutlery, really?

Nothing wrong with giving our money to the Aussies far as I'm concerned, really doubt you'd get that attention to design details and level of build quality from a US operation, the Europeans totally outclass us in that regard with campervans as well.

Fact is those populations are more willing to (and can more afford to) spend that sort of money on such top-notch gear.

I hope they have tremendous success!

ttengineer

Adventurer
Wow, super impressive, LUST!

How anyone could complain about "little space" in the upstairs room(!) look at that small light unit packed up, you get a **king size bed** ferkrisake!

Cutlery, really?

I wasn't referring to the bed. I was referring to the floor space. Hence my point on having a family or friends tag along.

I'm a neat freak, so having all the associated cookware in specifically designed spaces for a perfect fit is a big deal to me. Have you ever seen one in person? You'll never hunt for a lost kitchen item in a bin again. Earthroamer does something similar in their units, higher end but still very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackW

Explorer
I really like the X2 - with one of the new Eezi-Awn Stealth roof top tents on top it would be a great trailer to tow behind a diesel D-90.

OEX-E17-Thurs148-XL.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
I used to have a conqueror and had a similiar annex
agree on accessory quality to was the lowest of low out of a lower end country to boot made it REALLY low :) but was cool hahaahha

the room with a bit in it got tight but was doable but was nice to for getting up in the morning cranking a buddy heater so my wife and then young daughter could be super comfy and warm getting ready in privacy etc.
have to say on those mornings when your canvas is frosted it was nice

the patriot seem so insane and after owning a conqueror the build had some issues ? this does seem to be insane

the reason I am not a fan of the other US based setups is they are often a tub you put tubs or things into not a laid out system like the Aussies or South Africans tend to have
and that is what made our conqueror so nice and fast to get a quick night over

really its a modern chuck wagon of the old days being able to pull over slide out kitchen make a lunch clean up the beach sand pack up and move on is something I miss big time

longest trip in ours was over two weeks with a 7 month preganent wife :) what a trooper

in many ways I want something like this tied in with the Australian style flat bed canopy setups that are common there and also available here now but at over 10k for the canopy wont be happening any time soon but again the layout and throught is so so huge

Honu

lost on the mainland
100% correct on all accounts. The only reason we went with it was the tent/attached annex setup and the way the storage system is laid out. I was dead set on a schutt trailer but after pricing out a locking top, system to raise an RTT to use an annex and a secure/waterproof drawer system/slider etc (plus water, power etc) we were at the price of a 390. I will say the 390 storage system is great, there are compartments for days and it's very easy to over pack due to the amount of room. We just wrapped up 12 days going from Nc to Nh and back and it was mostly pain free. Sometimes you just have to expect problems with a trailer like this and work thru them as they happen. With the pluses come the fact that the conqueror has been problem child from the start and from what we have been told we are not alone. Have spoken with some people that have the much more expensive (40-50k) 440/490's and was told their power systems were so messed up a couple had to be sent back and reworked. Also there have been numerous issues with plumbing and water leaking, including our trailer. After learning of other owners difficulties in getting issues resolved we reached out to conqueror in SA to source even a basic manual for the electrical system which is a foreign product and how the plumbing was set up and they were of such little help (read: zero help) we have sought our own remedies. It's a fun little trailer but there are better out there which is why we are considering punting this one and starting over. In the end the issues we have experience after only 4 trips of less than 5k miles total and the absolute lack of support after the sale would lead us to never recommended this particular brand.

we could have kept ours put in new tanks new electric and new axles but chose to move on ?
water tank had a leak and also had some poor job on the connections ? I have heard the Australian ones are way nicer than the ones from South Africa but the mess of the water system was put more silicone on it seemed :)
our electrice caugth on fire and had major issues like they mounted the body on one of the leads which I fixed by putting in new wires to the rear lights
brake issues one trip also and getting parts was near impossible :(
our handles had some fit issues and some small alignment issues ? not huge but welds were poor and things put in quick etc...

again loved it great setup but I wont by another conqueror with this in town now :) I just think its like buying a Russian built car :) not quite what we are used to as far as quality where I think the true OZ setups are built to insane standards :)

Cr166

Just took delivery of our new X1 Grand Tourer last week. Used it for the first time this weekend on a quick over nighter because I couldn't wait to get out and use it. So far, we absolutely love it. I did opt for the Webasto diesel heater. It was expensive, but man, after just one night of camping in 30 degree weather I can already tell you having hot water and heat for the tent was well worth every penny. I wish the tent heater would do a better job but it did about what I expected and exactly what Justin with Patriot, and Matt with Exploration Outfitters said it would. We had upper 30's low 40's outside and the fiance and I sat on the bed playing a game comfortably with just sweaters, long pants, and socks on. I'll try to get you guys some pics in the next day or so and a better write up of what my initial thoughts are. So far though I can tell you I'm 100% happy with my purchase. It was expensive, but looking at what we got, the engineering that went into it, and the materials/ build quality it has, I have no doubt that it'll serve us well for a really long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94