2000 AEV TraumaHawk on a Freightliner FL-60 conversion

pennersm

Observer
I can't show my wife what you're doing, she's going to wonder what's taking me so long!

Haha, that's why I can get stuff done quick, because I don't have a wife lol. That and my kids love helping so it gives me extra hands!

pennersm

Observer
Starting on the electrical

So I've received 90% of my electrical parts and got a start on putting together the install.
First thing was the 30 amp plug to connect to shore power.

amb28.JPG

Next was wiring up the 3500W pure sine inverter that I purchased.

amb24.JPG
amb25.JPG

I ran out of mojo for the night so that is all I got done. Next will be installing the selector switch, breaker panel, and converter/charger.

amb26.JPG
amb27.JPG

I won't be able to get anymore work in for at least a week...hopefully I will have more updates soon after.

pennersm

Observer
Finishing up electrical

Well, I finally go a chance to put in some work.
amb29.jpeg

Transfer Switch and breaker box in.
amb30.jpeg

amb31.jpeg

Electrical done....for now.

pennersm

Observer
On to the plumbing...

Tanks came in.
amb32.jpeg

Went and purchased the supplies.
amb33.jpeg

Cut out the wood and diamond plate to be able to drop in the sink.
amb34.jpeg

More to come as time allows.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
nice fast work on your rig! - I'm supposed to get my new money shredder delivered tomorrow, 2008 chevy kodiak 4x4 with a wheeled coach box. then the fun can finally begin! will be watching yours and reading all the other build threads for ideas

one quick thing that recently popped into my head ... anyone using a hammock rather than a bed? was trying to think of ideas to save space etc, and for whatever reason the idea of a hammock sprung into my head.

anyway, have fun thanks for posting all the photos

james

Coachgeo

Explorer
nice fast work on your rig! - I'm supposed to get my new money shredder delivered tomorrow, 2008 chevy kodiak 4x4 with a wheeled coach box. then the fun can finally begin! will be watching yours and reading all the other build threads for ideas

one quick thing that recently popped into my head ... anyone using a hammock rather than a bed? was trying to think of ideas to save space etc, and for whatever reason the idea of a hammock sprung into my head.

anyway, have fun thanks for posting all the photos

james

Best of luck on your Kodiak. Considering hammock too. Got a hammock on sale recent.... price was right to experiment with. Below is what I got but would hang it.. not use frame. also considering a folding bed or a Murphy like bed for space reasons. Though having lived in a travel trailer before...... it really is best to have a full time bed.

81ueLR9Cy-L._SL1500_.jpg

pennersm

Observer
I have though about having a hammock I can suspend from the grab bars on the ceiling, but that will not meet my requirements right now as I am completing this build for my parents to be able to travel cross country. I will be installing a full sized bed for them. Once I take it over for my own travel purposes, I might scrap the full bed and engineer something else in conjunction with putting in a wet bath.

I look forward to keeping up with your Kodiak build!!

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Tried the hammock over the top of the bed. Didn’t work for us but that was trying to sleep 3 in the back. There is a thread I started on here somewhere.

pennersm

Observer
Starting the plumbing

Since Mother Nature decided to cooperate with my day off, I was able to get some work in.

pennersm

Observer
This is what happens when I try to post:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forum.expeditionportal.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried to email the administrator, but wouldn't go thru...
Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste