2000 AEV TraumaHawk on a Freightliner FL-60 conversion

pennersm

Observer
Hello everyone. My name is Scott and I want to say, I have read through every post on this forum dealing with y'alls ambos and I was nothing but inspired. I recently picked up my ambo and will start my own build thread, but it will be nothing as good as yours. I was really encouraged to attempt this by seeing how great all you guys are and I have learned so much from you guys. I am glad to be part of the crew!

amb1.jpg

Here is a pic of what I purchased.

amb4.jpg

amb6.jpg

I look forward to continuing to follow your builds, as well as getting y'alls input on mine. I am good at taking advice from those who know...no reason to reinvent the wheel.

pennersm

Observer
Remove emergency stuff

My first step when I got it home was to remove the ambulance graphics and paint over the lenses. Luckily I had learns from you guys the easy way to do it!!
amb10.JPG

amb8.JPG

amb9.jpg

amb10.JPG

I am so glad I read all of your threads before I started, or I might have quit before I started! ;)

pennersm

Observer
Well I thought I had read enough to get the pictures to come out correct, but I guess I still have a lot to learn haha

Coachgeo

Explorer
Your's and My box look very similar. Who made your Box? Mine is PL Custom Body and it at one time was mounted on a Freightliner.

rlrenz

Explorer
Welcome to the asylum. We all have challenges with these creatures - but if we didn't enjoy challenges, we'd all be driving Winnebagos.....

scooter421

Adventurer
I've subscribed to the journey!.....I know you're gonna have fun with it. It's sure is great to have some family help along the way! Everytime I think the pictures are going to come out right side up....the forum proves me otherwise!

Looking good! Scooter...

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

pennersm

Observer
My box is from AEV (American Emergency Vehicles), and luckily enough for me, they are still and business. I emailed them and was able to get 22 pages of PDFs with all the electrical schematics and diagrams, what a huge help that is going to be!!

scooter421

Adventurer
So lucky you are! That information will be invaluable. I have emailed PL customs for mine several times and gotten zero response.

Scooter...

pennersm

Observer
Let the cutting begin!

Last night I was able to get in a couple hours of work.

amb13.jpg

Space for the Fridge.

amb14.jpg

and space for the stove/oven...

amb15.jpg

amb16.jpg

I made the cut for the stove so that I could keep what used to be the jump seat to provide extra counter space when not using the stove.

amb17.jpg

Next I will build the platform for the fridge and drill so I can run the propane lines. Having fun so far!

scooter421

Adventurer
Hi Scott,

I like the wafer LED's you went with. I purchase LED's that went in the original sockets. They seem to get rather warm and have begun to melt the plastic socket if left on too long. Will your mount allow for some heat dissipation to the metal fixture?

Scooter...

pennersm

Observer
Fridge rough in

I was able to get a little work in last night. I got the platform for the refrigerator build, and tested its fit.

amb20.JPG

amb21.JPG

amb22.JPG

amb23.JPG

Now that I know it fits and functions, I am thinking about switching the hinges so it opens the other way.

Once I finish all the prep work, I will mount the stove and fridge and trim them in.

Baby Steps...

scooter421

Adventurer
I was able to get a little work in last night. I got the platform for the refrigerator build, and tested its fit.

View attachment 419528

View attachment 419529

View attachment 419530

View attachment 419531

Now that I know it fits and functions, I am thinking about switching the hinges so it opens the other way.

Once I finish all the prep work, I will mount the stove and fridge and trim them in.

Baby Steps...
Baby steps?! You are making quick progress! Looking good! I can't show my wife what you're doing, she's going to wonder what's taking me so long!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles