Flippac folks beware....Update

aventurero

Greetings again Flippac owners, If any of you read my previous post regarding my "Flippac that bit me". As soon as I felt like I could deal with the modification to open and close my Flippac with a push bar. I did. However, it was quite the handfull to open and close with the push bar setup. After, using it for most of the summer, I decided to go back to the torsion bar, although, Not with the original bar. So, I ordered a new bar from SwayAway. While I was looking into a new bar, I read a post that the SwayAway bar didn't fit the splines of the hinges. Just to put it out there, I had no trouble with the fit of the splines to the hinges. Just for more clarification, the reason that the Flippac "bit me" was. The torsion bar had migrated to one side such that the splines were barely engaged which lead to the unloading of the tension. Into my ribs!
So, the next hurtle was to install it. How? It does help to have friends with a boom truck. When I converted to the push bar arrangement I also made tabs that I attached to the lid so that clipping a load strap for lifting would be easy. The install was easy and I went one step further to insure that the bar can't migrate, again!
My Flippac is now much easier to open and close.
FullSizeRender-2.jpgFullSizeRender-3.jpg

abiker

This doesn't seem like a huge "beware". It sounds like you were able to get the sway away torsion bar installed without a problem? Is that just a drill collar with a set screw to keep it from backing out? Where'd you get the collar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94