Cummins 2.8 diesel repower announcement

Anak

Stranger
The Repower site shows an MSRP of $9K:

https://cumminsengines.com/repower.aspx

Still no CARB EO number though.

And evidently, Kali is not the only place that is a PITA in this regard:

Due to state / provincial law restrictions, these engines are not currently available for purchase in the state of Texas or the province of Quebec.

I will keep waiting until I see the CARB EO stuff before I can get excited. A $9K price tag seems pretty reasonable.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Wow - it even includes a "90 day warranty"! Here is their wording:

LIMITED 90 DAY WARRANTY Base Warranty – Owner is responsible for all labor expenses related to service under this Warranty. This Warranty covers any failure of the Engine or loose components supplied with the engine kit which result, under normal use and service, from a defect in material or factory workmanship “(Warrantable Failure”). Coverage begins upon the date of delivery of the Engine to the first owner and runs for 90 days. This Warranty is made to all owners in the chain of distribution and coverage continues to all subsequent owners until expiration of the period of coverage. Complete detailed warranty information is included with the engine documentation.

I think it will be hard to even get one installed in a rig within the 90 days of delivery since it is not engine which is supported by the aftermarket and you have to make your own engine mounts, cooling system etc.

Here is a small amount of some emissions info:

The Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel (PN 5467036) has demonstrated through the testing procedures prescribed in 40 CFR Part 86 to meet EPA's Tier 0 (LDT 1 and 2) and Tier 1 emissions standards (LDT 2 weighing less than 4000 lb complete weight). This means that the R2.8 generally is suitable for Model Year 1999 or earlier light duty trucks. However, the suitability of the R2.8 engine to any vehicle is the responsibility of the installer and may depend on state or area laws. Installation of this part in a vehicle for which it is not intended may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations related to motor vehicle emissions. Check your state and local emissions requirements before purchasing.​

MuleShoer

Adventurer
I think it will be hard to even get one installed in a rig within the 90 days of delivery since it is not engine which is supported by the aftermarket and you have to make your own engine mounts, cooling system etc.
[][/QUOTE]

The Jeep platforms TJ & JK are being supported with most of the ancillary parts needed check out AXIS Industries
Proffitts is building up a land cruiser 80 based vehicle now
and there are others

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles