E-350 radiator?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
My radiator just went out, leaking at the tank crimp. Any better aftermarket alternatives or just replace with stock?

2010 6.0

Thanks!
3f3063d41b9dd7bae00b137caa7bfcbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Unless you do a lot of heavy heavy towing I wouldn't bother with anything but OE parts.

pugslyyy

yeah we've got an OE coming in tomorrow. Thanks. Of course it waits until now to start leaking. :)

This was my day to get everything ready for expo (classes and such), so of course I spent it getting towed...

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
yeah we've got an OE coming in tomorrow. Thanks. Of course it waits until now to start leaking. :)

This was my day to get everything ready for expo (classes and such), so of course I spent it getting towed...

Of course! Thats the way it goes. I started to smell mine in V4 a few weeks ago, tiny leak at the upper outlet so I had to swap it Sunday.

stormlover

Adventurer
I'm all for OE parts on the 6.0 psd but not sure why you guys would recommend staying with a radiator with plastic end tanks when you can go with a decent all aluminum radiator? The OP did ask if there was a better aftermarket alternative. Carry on.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I'm all for OE parts on the 6.0 psd but not sure why you guys would recommend staying with a radiator with plastic end tanks when you can go with a decent all aluminum radiator? The OP did ask if there was a better aftermarket alternative. Carry on.

The OE in the 6.0l does very well, they last and last, I would bet they avg. 12 years

stormlover

Adventurer
The OE in the 6.0l does very well, they last and last, I would bet they avg. 12 years

I replaced mine at 55k when it started leaking. Not sure how you arrive at a 12 year lifespan? I would think some of it might depend on how well the coolant is maintained but personally I'm not a fan of plastic. Anyhow, it's all good. Not sure if there is really any cooling upgrade going with all aluminum either.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
A lot of the cheaper aluminum rads aren't all that well built and won't necessarily last longer than a stock one. Plastic tanks are usually good for 8 - 12 years unless the thing sees an excessive number of heat cycles. And in some cases, I've found super cheap plastic tank rads to last just as well as OEM (and you could buy quite a few of those for the cost of 1 aluminum tank unit).

pugslyyy

I've had the radiator in and put several times recently, maybe something got tweaked/flexed too much. Not a lot of room to work under the hood, that's for sure. We just put the coolant filter on, so had been hoping it was a leaking line or fitting from that. Of course not. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94