2018-2017 LR Discovery Rim/Tire Size

mav204

Observer
A good friend is looking at buying a new discovery, the 2 size options are 255/55/20 and 275/45/21. He lives in Denver, and looking to do the easy trails in the mountains, and not sure what to get. I am a bog fan of the Goodyear Wrangler and BFG KO2, but you can not get either in these sizes. Any help on which size rim to go with and any tires would be helpful.
Thanks,

EricTyrrell

Expo God
A good friend is looking at buying a new discovery, the 2 size options are 255/55/20 and 275/45/21. He lives in Denver, and looking to do the easy trails in the mountains, and not sure what to get. I am a bog fan of the Goodyear Wrangler and BFG KO2, but you can not get either in these sizes. Any help on which size rim to go with and any tires would be helpful.
Thanks,

The Discovery 5 SVX uses Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac in 275/55/R20. KO2 and many other tire options in this size too.

Last edited:

iowalr4

Adventurer
Can you still put 19" factory or 18" compomotives on D5? Did they keep the same lug pattern?

(I am not considering a D5, Just curious. had to write this in case my LR4 is reading. Keeping you forever baby)

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Thanks,

Well considering Colorado/the West is rocks vs. mud, them them to take some nice pictures of the pretty 20/21" wheels, for posterity. In addition, load range E as a minimum for sidewall construction. Especially low profile tires.

JackW

Explorer
I have a 2017 Discovery 5 diesel and got the 20's because the availability of aftermarket tires in 21 inch sizes is dismal. It seems that manufacturers are avoiding the odd numbered wheel sizes for real off road capable tires.
That's why I swapped form 19's to 18's on my LR3. Tell him to go with the 20" wheels.

C12P2841.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz