Datrupr's Mod Thread

articulate

Expedition Leader
datrupr said:
Well, I managed to get home safely and immediatly inspected the left front end of the truck to realize that it was not the tire at all that was causing the noise.....No, it turns out that it was a very common problem with late model Troopers that are often taken off road. Yup, the left front mud flap had torn . . .
Nice one. Now you can change out the mud flaps for big rubber ones with chrome naked ladies on 'em.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
articulate said:
Nice one. Now you can change out the mud flaps for big rubber ones with chrome naked ladies on 'em.

Hmmmm.... You almost read my mind, but I was thinking big chrome ones with gold naked ladies:p

AZTrooper

Adventurer
I just recently cut off my mud flaps with my dremel tool. I didn't like the idea of having to deal witht them on the trail. I think it looks way better without the mud flaps. Also this past weekend I bought a Cobra WXSTII. I love it. I took out the little black box under where the stereo mounts and then mounted the unit in there. It looks like it should have been there all along. Also that Cobra unit comes with two power leads. One is orange and one is red. I noticed the best overall power by twisting the two together and then connecting them directly to the battery.

Tonight I'll be fabbing a custom skid plate to protect my tranny pan next time I happen to run over a big rock. I don't wanna run into another dented tranny pan.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I just took off the front flaps. They were only held on by a couple of rivets. I think I am going to leave the back ones one until they start to fail also. I love my Cobra CB, it fits perfectly in the second DIN slot where my old factory CD changer was located.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94