**SOLD*** 2011 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4x4 Flatbed with 1997 4WC Grandby Camper Package

DesertRatliff -- I think maybe we met in a parking lot in Mammoth back in May. We have an XP, and you were doing some skiing post-Purg. Do I have this right??? Anyhow, I'm a little surprised someone hasn't jumped on your truck/camper combo, its a great setup, and appeared clean and ready to go. Plus that generation of F350 is a real workhorse and reliable.

Yes! That was us. Thanks for letting us drool on your XP! And thanks for reaching out. I hope your summer was as fun as ours. Take care for now!

My price must be a little high for this time of year, so will reduce it with a bump.

Thanks for the feedback! It's listed here and on ADV Rider and there's been interest, but I came to the conclusion back in November that it's the wrong time of year to sell a camper. I'll get serious about selling it this spring and likely take it to Expo West in May if it hasn't sold by then.

One thing to note: still driving it, using it and adding to it. A friend had a newer and functioning Norcold fridge that I purchased and added. This continues to be a fun project and is just getting better and better.

kmacafee

Adventurer
I love this rig and it is similar to a setup I am considering for my current 2012 Eagle. I was hoping you would indulge me with an answer to a question I have every time I see a rig set up this way.

It appears that the camper fits snugly in between the boxes on the flatbed. You indicated that you use the standard FWC turnbuckle system to fasten the camper down. How does that work with the boxes there? On my camper, the turnbuckles would require space between the camper and the boxes to work. Do you have a photo?

Best of luck with the sale. If I did not already have a camper, I'd jump at this.

Cheers

ViperNL

Observer
What are the dimensions of the bed in the Grandby? The FWC website says the dimensions vary per model :smilies27 (I'm 6'4" or 5")

The bed (new in May 17 and wrapped in waterproof mattress cover) is a 4" memory foam queen mattress and is 80x60 that fits in the camper sleeping east-west. Your forehead or toesies are hitting canvas if you stretch out any longer.

There's been so much re-newed interest in this rig that I'm a bit overwhelmed by it, and with that considering I'm still in the heart of one of my busy seasons at work, will ask for your patience.

All questions will be answered to the very best of my ability by next Monday at the latest.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
FYI, GVWR for a SRW 2011 6.7 4x4 super cab long bed is 10k or 11,200.

Certainly not 14k

Good looking setup, regardless.

GLWS! :)

Thanks Kenny! I should be more careful when posting a figure as important as this one. I will confirm it's 11,200 and re-post.

Also of note: fridge was replaced in December with a newer 1.9 cu/ft Norcold 3-way fridge. Original ad has been edited to include this info.

Last edited:

ViperNL

Observer
Nice set up, that was an informative video. It also clarified that I would need a crew cab :(. Hopefully you'll be able to sell it soon, looks like a pretty good deal. I also really like the flatbed idea for one of these campers.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad the video was informative. At 6'5", you'd be hunched over in the camper, too. Not sure if the new ones are taller, but there's nothing worse than being hunched over in a small space. I travelled in a boat that had me hunched over and bumping into everything, even at only 6'. Misery.

As for the sale, the wifey and I are not all that hot on getting it sold. We own it outright and with the mild winter we've seen, it seems spring is right around the corner which means adventure season.

ViperNL

Observer
I'm not too worried about being hunched over in the camper or truck, I owned an Expedition before (which has the same interior). But with the way I sit, the back seat would be too cramped to put a car seat or occasional client there. You do have me looking at F-350s and campers now lol, which made the wife go :violent-smiley-031: Though she did like the idea of going camping that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior