**SOLD*** 2011 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4x4 Flatbed with 1997 4WC Grandby Camper Package

Lan

Love your truck! It's like an updated version of mine. I wish I had the same bed and storage boxes. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks guys! Always appreciate the feedback.

As for MPG...well the long answer...the 6.7 is an interesting animal. Clogged with EGR, DPF, SCR and DEF emissions systems, the fuel economy suffers and so does the power (I'm told there's another 200 horses there, but this truck never left me wanting for more power!), while the truck blows 0 smoke (something my wife loves and I don't hate). I've read lots on the merits of deleting all of this (my county does not smog), but resale and possible longevity of the powertrain may suffer in the longterm even though the tranny is rated to over 1100 ft/lbs of torque. As a result, I haven't deleted and tuned. Lots of info out there that guys are getting in the low 20's empty and very high teens when towing massive trailers with a deleted 6.7, but my experience with the stock truck is less. 14-16 empty, 12-13 fully loaded with everything we own (the camper loaded with bikes, skis, a KTM, all gear to play, etc etc.).

36793857150_fae547822c_z.jpg

Yes I did and responded. For anyone else who might be interested, I hope you don't mind I posted your questions and my answers here as they seemed like logical questions:

1. How easily does the camper come off? Just like all 4WCampers, it's attached to the truck with 4 turnbuckles, in this case, to the flatbed with big 7/16" shackle anchors. Older camper jacks are included in the sale and I made some brackets which extend the jacks over the flatbed/boxes. With the lift on the truck, the jacks aren't quite long enough to get the camper off, so I used some big wood blocks to add the extra length. Once you get the blocks and jacks in place, just release the turnbuckles from the access panels in the camper, jack the jacks to lift the camper off the bed and drive the truck out. Pretty simple. I've only done it a few times, but imagine taking the camper off/putting it back on would take less than 30 minutes with some practice
1a. Can the storage boxes stay on when the camper is off? Storage boxes can stay on. They're through-bolted to the flatbed in 8 places and provide a little extra organization so stuff doesn't slide around on the flatbed

2. Do you still have the headache rack associated with the flat bed? I can check with my boss. I cut the headache rack off before I had even bought the camper thinking I needed to do this for clearance. I gave the rack to him. In hindsight, I don't think this would have been necessary, but the rack does come with a spare tire carrier that protrudes enough for me to still question it. I'll ask if he still has it.

37211453755_ed4674b503_z.jpg

3. This one is a bit odd, but I have a baby coming in March and was wondering if you knew how well a baby car seat would fit? Being that is an extra cab and not the full dbl I'm a little worried that there is enough room. No odd bits there. Congrats on the new arrival! We bought the truck knowing our family would hopefully be growing, so room for a baby seat was mandatory for us. There are anchor points for this in the extra/Supercab and quite a bit of room back there

37049347771_42a24e7cc4_z.jpg

4. Do you know the length of the truck? From d-ring mounts on the front bumper to trailer hitch, just under 22'

5. Fuel economy? In all honesty, this was a bit disappointing for us. Without the camper, 14-16 combined and not much less in town (we live 25 miles from town off the highway though, so combined is my only beta). With the camper, 12-14 if we kept speed in check at 60-65 mph, which dipped down to 11 at interstate speed doing 85 on I-84 and I-70. From my bit of research, these numbers improve dramatically with a tuner and even more so if you're in a place where you can delete/desmog emissions, but I didn't want to affect the future resale of the truck and make that leap. I've read stories of guys getting in the 20's towing 10000 trailers, but totally stock and choked up, that has not been my experience. I see you're in Portland, so deleting is not likely an option anyway, but a $500 tuner will help and depending on which brand you go with 10-30% improvements are advertised.

Even though there's plenty of time left for camping in the warmer climes here in the Southwest (prime time, if you ask me), I lowered the price. Lotta different ways to sweeten this deal, so let's talk.

herm

Adventurer
Great truck.

i would love to see your extension brackets for the jacks, as i have old style ones and a narrow camper, its a real pain to get it on the truck at current. thanks!

Thanks for posting!

Versatility is the name of the game here. Using it to haul a dump trailer today and going camping with it this weekend!

As temps cool off and everyone forgets about summer fun, I will consider separating the rig. But before I do: Remember there's a hard-working 4x4 here as the base. And buying a 4WC in the spring had a Black Friday-like feel to it with people beating down doors to get to it. If you've ever wanted a camper, now's the time of year to buy.

Open to offers.

Bump

DesertRatliff -- I think maybe we met in a parking lot in Mammoth back in May. We have an XP, and you were doing some skiing post-Purg. Do I have this right??? Anyhow, I'm a little surprised someone hasn't jumped on your truck/camper combo, its a great setup, and appeared clean and ready to go. Plus that generation of F350 is a real workhorse and reliable.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Amazing setup here, exactly what I have in mind for our current rig or possibly this one or one like it!? I will be sending you an email shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke