New Sprinter coming in 2018

haven

Expedition Leader
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/26/first-look-mercedes-benz-all-new-sprinterter-van/

At the North American Commercial Vehicle show in Atlanta, Mercedes announced that a revised Sprinter will start shipping in early 2018. Details are scarce right now.

I was interested to learn that 3.3 million Sprinters have been sold in 130 countries. That confirms the Sprinter is a good choice for international travel (good access to service by mechanics already familiar with the vehicl).

bjm206

Adventurer
Beware - Mercedes-Benz regionally controls their maintenance systems. A newer sprinter from the US with an emissions "limp mode" issue cannot be fixed in most of the world by a Mercedes-Benz dealer. Also if you drive your US Sprinter in any country without ULSD you are risking just this sort of emissions trouble. They may look similar and have similar engines but they are not the same.

Nothing against the Sprinter...I own one. Folks should be aware before they get themselves in the deep end.

rontaki

Observer
I hope the new Sprinters don't look like the one in the Autoblog article. Its as fugly as the current ones look nice.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Yes - and it doesn't have door handles or any sliding door...

preview-928x522.jpg

rontaki

Observer
It's all about safety, protecting the precious van regardless of what happens to the people depending on it to function.
Since limp mode allows a limited amount of functionality, the door is probably held open just a few inches, err, cm. Anything to make sure the driver is inconvenienced.

Verdammt, I like Sprinters, but between the expensive breakdowns and Mercedes arrogance that owners report (look at Sprinter-Forum), I'm in RAM (run away mode).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles