RTW in 6x6 Defender 2003-2005

michaelgroves

Explorer
Hi all,

Just got introduced to this great looking forum by Scott, and thought I'd put in a link to our website, www.expeditionoverland.com. My wife and I did a 27-month trip around the world starting in 2003, in our slightly modified Land Rover Defender. Combining love of travel with a great vehicle project - what more could an enthusiast wish for?

Travel well, all!

Scott Brady

Founder
I have read most of Michael's site, and the journal is excellent.

An incredible trip most of us would aspire to complete.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Michael and Sandi!
Some truly incredible travels you have had!
I look forward to exploring your website more.

Great Vehicle!!

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Big fan of your site. Found it when you were about half way, and watched and read with excitement during the final months.

Welcome to EP!

seth_js

Explorer
I just spent my entire day at work going through your journal and photos. All I have to say is... :bowdown:

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Welcome to EXPO!
I've read through the site a couple of times.
Your trip and vehicle are truly awe-inspiring!

Ed

CLynn85

Explorer
Welcome, I too have read most of your website, everynow and then I check back and fill in the gaps I may have missed.

Awesome trip and thanks for the great writeups!

michaelgroves

Explorer
Hi, and thanks again, all - it's really nice to meet a friendly bunch of fellow enthusiasts. Good to see you here too, Graham! It's a pity we never actually met up on our travels, but we corresponded and perused your website enough to feel that we're old friends.

LOL Seth, everyone says that about Togo (I presume you mean the dog, not the country?!). We were sad to leave her, but she is very happy with some good friends of ours in South Africa, and we get to see her whenever we visit. We like to think she remembers us fondly, but in reality, she pretty much licks everyone to death!

Graham, I sold Nyathi about 2 weeks ago :( Obviously we are very sad to see her go, but it's hard to justify keeping such a beast for the odd outing and a trip to North Africa every couple of years. We are pleased to see her bought by someone who intends to use her for a trip down through Africa, rather than converted into a tipper or a tow-truck!

Rgds to all,

Michael

gjackson

FRGS
Graham! It's a pity we never actually met up on our travels, but we corresponded and perused your website enough to feel that we're old friends.

I couldn't agree more. All the way through west Africa we felt like we were in your footprints (though our tracks diverged somewhat!) Really enjoyed following the completion of your trip after we got back. I spent quite a while in the overlanding daze where work just didn't do anything for me! Your website helped with that.

Glad to hear that Nyathi has gone to a good home and will be seeing Africa again.

Keep in touch!

cheers

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Indeed, welcome! I've enjoyed your website previously as well. I would truly love to follow in your tiretracks someday... an amazing trip.

Enjoy the forum...
Joel

smbisig

Adventurer
michaelgroves said:
Hi all,

Just got introduced to this great looking forum by Scott, and thought I'd put in a link to our website, www.expeditionoverland.com. My wife and I did a 27-month trip around the world starting in 2003, in our slightly modified Land Rover Defender. Combining love of travel with a great vehicle project - what more could an enthusiast wish for?

Travel well, all!

glad to see that you and sandy completed the trip safely. glad that we could help you two when you were in town. take care

steven
arb usa tech

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles