Thread: Who bought the Earth Roamer in Mexico on eBay?

Default Who bought the Earth Roamer in Mexico on eBay?

I am curious who was brave enough to buy the Earth Roamer on eBay located in Mexico. It was listed as having no paperwork other than a bill of sale. It apparently was bought back by a private citizen from the Mexican Government who seized it from some unlucky soul. It sold, but I can't imagine anyone from the US being so daring. Does anyone know any further information on it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geländewagen, UNIMOG U1550L37 DoKa

https://www.facebook.com/Gelandeventures/

I don't know who bought it but a very complex update was reported by the prior owner who unfortunately had the vehicle confiscated from him in Mexico. Needless to say if it is back in the USA the "new" owner is at risk to have it returned to the prior owner.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...Mexico-Auction

And, yet people still want to travel to Mexico........................
    2011 3500 crew, dually, Ram (sold)
    45' Zephyr DP, ISM (sold)
    1150 Artic Fox TC (sold)
    2016 RAM DRW crew cab Limited
    2011 KLR 650 sold
    2011 33 fiver(sold)
    2017 Host Mammoth Camper
    2018 RAM 5500 crew (ordered)

I'd rather more people didn't travel to mexico. Less crowds for those of who do!

Quote Originally Posted by zb39 View Post
    And, yet people still want to travel to Mexico........................
    Love Mexico. Headed back ASAP.

You might want to check out the state dept travel warnings. I know its cheap to vacation in mexico but what is your life worth. They were shooting people off of cruise ships awhile back. Do you really want to go there?? Safe travels.
    1150 Artic Fox TC (sold)
    2011 KLR 650 sold
    2011 33 fiver(sold)
    2017 Host Mammoth Camper

They were shooting people off of cruise ships awhile back. Do you really want to go there??
    Please share with us the source of this information.
    The .12%

Quote Originally Posted by zb39 View Post
    I know its cheap to vacation in mexico but what is your life worth.
    I don't think it's the cheapness so much as being able to camp on the beach in winter, with very nice weather.

The odds of being killed are vanishingly small. The odds of having **** stolen (even by the cops) are probably a fair bit higher than in the US. I must admit I had a hard time feeling comfortable in Mexico, but isn't this supposed to be an adventure?
    2016 Toyota Tundra SR 4x4 Double Cab Long Bed 5.7L..... DIY camper on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Joaquin Suave View Post
    Please share with us the source of this information.
    Just google cruise, shootings, resorts, drugs, mexico... You will get more than you will want to read.

I would not feel comfortable there. In my younger days I was all over the world in some very tough spots. But, it was my job. Capt, USAF, 1500 hours of jet time, 58 combat missions. These days I like relaxing vacations and travel with lots to do.and see....just my .02 cents
    1150 Artic Fox TC (sold)
    2011 KLR 650 sold
    2011 33 fiver(sold)
    2017 Host Mammoth Camper

Tourists, their money, and their foolish behavior attract thieves and drugs and prostitution. So far the only time I've felt uncomfortable, security wise, in Mexico was when I was in super touristy areas like Cancun and Playa del Carmen. Also the highest prices and worst food.

Using basic common sense and staying away from those areas, which are the ones the warnings actually tell you to stay inside of, we had a much more comfortable, friendly, affordable, scenic, and tasty time down there ;-)

Actually felt even more uncomfortable security-wise in New Orleans, and the only attempted robbery in over 2 years of full time travel so far was in San Antonio TX.