Thread: Proud Rhino Discovery 5

Default Proud Rhino Discovery 5

Finally the Proud Rhino Discovery 5 is in! First thing Monday we will start with the hidden winch mount and lift rods. I will be looking for some volunteers to run a few prototype lift rods for us. Please DM me if your interested. Never been so excited for a Monday.

IMG_3519 2.jpg
    For expedition tested Rover gear Check out WWW.Lucky8LLc.com 716-898-8153

I was like a kid in a candy store today as we stripped the front off the Discovery 5. It may have just been my excitement but everything came apart fairly straight forward an easy. Our cardboard template was put into place with only some minor tweeking needed. Next up will be to test fit a metal version.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_7286.jpg

Very cool guys! Can't wait to see what else is coming!
    2001 Land Rover Discovery II - "Red Rhino"
    2" Terrafirma MD Lift Kit (matched springs/shocks) | Terrafirma Front & Rear Diff Guards | Terrafirma Steel Steering Guard
    Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T 265/75-16 | Uniden Bearcat 980SSB CB | Front & Rear Light Guards | Raised Rear Axle Breather Tube
    Gooseneck-Mounted Google Nexus 9 Tablet w/Garmin GLO Bluetooth GPS using GAIA GPS for Trail Mapping
    +++++++++++++++
    Creator/Admin
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/discovery12defenderownersclub/

Nothing but smiles here today at the shop. Winch tray prototype V2 was cut, bent and bolted right in! We have some minor adjustments to do on the tray depth and fairlead bracket but this will have to wait until after MAR. We will be back at it next week with tires and lift rods.

image000000.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

Looks awesome. The D5 is growing on me.

I like my diesel D5.

Default ATTURO TRAIL BLADE XT'S ARE IN

Just getting back from MAR and we did not have time to test fit the tires. So all I have is a picture of tires on a pallet, but hey who does not love new tires? Im hoping to get them on to morrow but the shop has been extra busy.

IMG_8335.jpg

Default TIRES ARE ON

We have been full steam at the shop! I have been trying to squeeze in the D5 but canít get the room. If anyone that knows Rovers has some free time let me know. We have the lift kit and winch tray V3 ready to play with still but at least we got the tires on today. I do have some concerns about rubbing when the suspension is on the bumps. In mid turn the inner fender well lining may touch but I can not be sure until the bumpers back on. Until tomorrow all I have are these parking lot pics.

IMG_8376.jpg

IMG_8383.jpg

IMG_8384.jpg

Im just a flight away...
    01 D2 RuffStuff housings ARB/Detroit, custom radius arms/ 4 link rear, 37" Creepy's, Ashcroft Under Drive, PSC hydro steering, Hellfire Hi Steer Knuckles...
    96 D1
    1983 110 RHD Pick up
    KF7EMF

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    '06 Toyota 4runner v6