Proud Rhino Discovery 5

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
LET THERE BE LIGHT,,,, WELL A LITTLE LIGHT

Now that January is mid way though we can turn off the Holliday E brake and get back to the fun. I should have the final version of the hidden no cut winch tray in hand any day. I am so excited for it to arrive and get some good phots of this fantastic part to share with everyone. I do have some good news on another product. We were able to settle on a design for the no cutting light tabs. I only have a few crappy pic but I will share them.

If anyone has any suggestions were to put the auxiliary light switch I’m all ears.

Until next time....

Attachments

• IMG_6834 2.jpg
    IMG_6834 2.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 95

Mtanzania

Since you are investing in a D5, I’m hoping you or another member can help me. My sister recently took delivery of her diesel D5 per my recommendation to replace her D4. The silly thing does not have a tow hitch or even a receiver of any sort! It’s a sad day when a Land Rover can’t tow a trailer!

Are there any aftermarket options for adding a hitch receiver that you’ve come across? My google searches have been fruitless, only bringing up disco sport options.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

99Discovery

Adventurer
Yeah, those wing radiators...........Ugh. They actually cross the wheel centerline! Doesn't matter if you *could* design an aftermarket bumper, those radiators totally kill your approach angle and put critical systems directly in the path of an oncoming obstacle. And sadly this is most likely the same design team in charge of the Defender replacement!

By contrast, look at the D2 with it's front end removed in the same photo. Critical systems are WAAAAAAAAAAY out of the way of even the TOP of the wheel arches.

I thought my BMW-powered L322 was stupid for having the transmission cooler at the very bottom of the passenger wheel well wall, but this takes the cake. :(.

But that's not your fault, 5spddisco, what you are doing is amazing with arguably the best off-roading soccer mom platform on the market. It's just a shame Gerry McGovern and his crew couldn't design a body that the engineers could properly work with, since Rover still *has* some good DNA underneath all this bubbly plastic.

Eniam17

Adventurer
Late to the game here but what are you running for tires and size. Looks like duratracs on the stock wheels in some of you Instagram posts ?

pdt

I think they are Atturo Trail Blades. LT285/55R20 (based on the images posted).
I assume a lift was necessary?

DieselRanger

Very interested to see how these mods go. I love my diesel D5 and it's been flawless through about 20K miles so far.

How does the winch integrate with parking sensors and airbag sensors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles