Thinking of upgrading to a James Baroud Extreme from a CVT Bachelor

furbucket

Observer
I have the JB Explorer Evolution and love it. When researching RTT's the ease of setup and take down was a big factor over the soft, folding tents. Also don't have to worry about folding away a wet tent if it rains...

Also awesome that all the bedding can stay in it along with the ladder.

Regarding the smell, seemed like standard manufacturing off gassing to me- I set it up on some saw horses and pointed a box fan at it for three days and smell was gone.

Only "mod" so far is to add so no slip grip tape to the ladder rungs. And if JB ever actually releases the tunnel awning that will get added in a heartbeat!

Sent from an evil pocket calculator with a flashy screen

brentbba

Explorer
furbucket - when you get that tunnel awning I certainly want to know a real world time frame for set up and a live demonstration depending on where in SoCal you are! :drool:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Closing pictures

I put some packing and closing pictures toward the bottom of my build thread. If anyone has an easier way to do any of it, I'd appreciate the tips.

My build

jpachard

Adventurer
I have the JB Explorer Evolution and love it. When researching RTT's the ease of setup and take down was a big factor over the soft, folding tents. Also don't have to worry about folding away a wet tent if it rains...

Also awesome that all the bedding can stay in it along with the ladder.

Regarding the smell, seemed like standard manufacturing off gassing to me- I set it up on some saw horses and pointed a box fan at it for three days and smell was gone.

Only "mod" so far is to add so no slip grip tape to the ladder rungs. And if JB ever actually releases the tunnel awning that will get added in a heartbeat!

Sent from an evil pocket calculator with a flashy screen

Great info on the packing as it pertains to rain. My current tent always need to be aired out after I've been camping in the rain.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, the information is very helpful. Looks like I'll be putting my current tent up for sale!

Cheers, James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles