CLAM tent repair: Yes, I'm an idiot....

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
OK, so first and foremost, I'm an idiot, I admit it. :eek:
We got our new CLAM shelter in the mail. Big heavy thing in a big cardboard box.
So, without thinking, I grab my box cutter :rolleyes: and open it up.
And now my brand new, never used, CLAM shelter has a couple of cuts in the fabric from my box cutter. :mad:
Totally a brain fart on my part. But anyway, we haven't even opened the thing up yet to see exactly where the cut is, my question to the group would be, this is a heavy duty nylon tent, there's got to be a way to repair this, right? I mean, this isn't a $50 throwaway tent from WallyWorld, it cost over $400. At that price it would seem to be worth repairing.
No pics of the damage (yet), as soon as we set it up I'll see exactly where the cuts are. Any repair cost short of buying a new one would be worth it given that we camp a lot and having a screened shelter is a big plus for us (like the time we camped above Fairplay back in July and it poured rain all weekend!)
Am I right in thinking there's got to be a way to repair my dumba$$ mistake? :ylsmoke:

dms1

Explorer
I would use tenacious tape on both sides of the cut and then use a Sil Net silicone seam sealer around the edges of the tape. I did this on my Alaskan Guide tent that an animal tried to claw its way thru, it has been about 5 years and the tape still sticks like new.

You also might want to call the manufacturer to see what they recommend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles