1992 E350 7.3idi Ambulance full build

M1380

Observer
Thread started to document my build. This is an awesome site with so much valuable information. Hopefully I can contribute with my conversion.

Recently purchased 1992 e350 7.3idi Taylor made ambulance.

When I purchased it she was ready to go into service and had 52,000 miles on her. Currently at about 57k.

Current plans are complete gut the box and build from scratch.

I'm keeping it 2wd for the foreseeable future but am adding all terrain tires and new suspension. Will also get heavy duty front bumper and winch. Plan is to go all black with the [SUP][/SUP]exterior, wood interior, compost toilet, stove, sink, on demand hot water, shower and solar.

Pics to come...

M1380

Observer
I've search and haven't been able to find what size tires will fit with stock height or small lift. Currently running LT225/75/R16. Looking for high mileage all terrain tire. I've ran druatracs on my 89 wrangler yj and been extremely happy with them. Not sure if they come in correct load range for my 10,000 lb ambo....

eporter

Adventurer
I've got a couple years on some BFG ATs that are 10 ply, load range E on my '97 ambo. Great tire so far. Don't remember size off the top of my head.

zuke

Adventurer
I've search and haven't been able to find what size tires will fit with stock height or small lift. Currently running LT225/75/R16. Looking for high mileage all terrain tire. I've ran druatracs on my 89 wrangler yj and been extremely happy with them. Not sure if they come in correct load range for my 10,000 lb ambo....

I've got 215/85/16 load range E Duratracs on my Ambo right now, so yeah, they come in the range you need, I haven't put enough miles on them to say how they wear though...

Last edited:

M1380

Observer
Think I'm going with grabber at2. Needing 7 tires adds up fast. Narrowed it down to grabber at2. @ $149ea, druatracs @ $255ea and BFG @ $232ea. I've ran all three and never noticed a diff on highway an all three got close to 60k miles. Today's project is turning my yellow scene lights clear.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Go to my Build Thread (Post 105) and it shows how I did it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G4Z5J0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Autofeel-Cur...8-4&keywords=autofeel+52+curved+led+light+bar

$50 cheaper than when I bought it 14 months ago. Still works fine, no sign of internal condensation.
Which, I was a little worried about here in Swampy Central Florida. So far, so good!

Hope this helps,

Eric

Anyone know what roof rack and led bar this is? Nice rig btw!View attachment 420131

Last edited:

goatherder

no trepidation
Weldtech sells a 4" front suspension setup w custom valved Fox 2.0 shocks for $1500. With a 3" rear block you can fit 255/85 33" tires w/o spacers on your OEM wheels. Lift blocks and u-bolts are available online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles