1983 FJ60 Toyota Landcruiser, rust free from Arizona

dpr64

SOLD to Eric!

Rust free 1983 Toyota FJ60 with 151k miles...Bought this as a project as the engine bay had a fire and most of one side had all the rubber/hose/etc. burned and destroyed.. I replaced it all with original used FJ60 parts and have it running now (still needs some fine tuning, the carb base has a vacuum leak, etc) and it will move. Hardest part was the entire front wiring harness which was entirely pulled and replaced, not hacked up and patched.
To make things easier, I pulled the front clip off and stored it at a relatives barn which to my dismay, collapsed and ruined all those parts.. I found another set of front bumbers/inner wheel wells/hood that are a fair match and also rust free.
This being from Arizona/Nevada does not have any rust on the frame/body/axles/bolts/etc.. Being able to take parts off and on is so much easier than fighting corrosion!
Body was repainted at some point and is not very good, does not leak, and will make a great restoration project or just finish up things as is and drive..

Items that need attentions still:
Paint!
Carb base plate gaskets (included but I am out of time, wife wants in the garage)
Front clip is loosely attached making it easier to prepare for paint or just finish bolting it up to keep as is..
Dash is cracked up and not attached as I was going to replace it
Needs rear cargo area carpet and side panels, the rest is good
Seats are worn
Windshield has a crack
Front passenger side door panel, threw it out as it was bad..
Windshield wiper motor needs to be installed/linkeage needs a plastic bushing
Area of paint on the frame by the fire burned off and that has a small amount of surface rust...
Title is clear EXCEPT for the miles.. It says not actual mileage but that is due to someone transferring the title and not knowing the exact mileage.. It is off by a few thousand. (see one of the pics for mileage history)

Included is the entire AC system and several used lines I picked up. Not sure if the compressor is any good... I also have the old wiring harness, lots of vacuum lines, and other misc. items...
Brand new battery in the engine bay is NOT included as it is my son's which I borrowed to get the engine fired up...

In the photos, I included some of the underside where you will see how clean the frame/axles/body are and the only brown or rust color is from dirt! I know FJ60 rust buckets are going for 3-4500, this one is about as good as you can get in being rust free.

Video of it running from a few days ago..
https://youtu.be/mltq-T5rvOI

Photos of it:
https://www.irista.com/gallery/qg1asuej1shy

IMG_7273 (Large).JPGIMG_7276 (Large).JPGIMG_7248 (Large).JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles