Hummer wheels

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Has anybody put Hummer wheels on an FG? Are 37 inch Hummer tires available worldwide?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
I would imagine the biggest issue I see matching the offset in the rims so they track correctly on th FG

1aquaholic

Adventurer
I've got a guy that will do that, my biggest concern is if I can get tires in Africa or SE Asia.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I looked at using recentered military wheels. Only the 24 bolt Humvee wheels come close to the weight carrying capacity - and those are the hardest to come by. I know several people who have tried recentered Humvee or Hemtt wheels and were unhappy with them (and are now using something else). They look cool but ride like crap.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Trail Worthy Fab recenters HV wheels. I wonder why they ride like crap, maybe it was the tire?

dan85

Observer
16.5's are non existent in other coutries

there are some. for a while im sure the factory upgrade wheels on the Iveco Daily was a 16.5 inch and speed was electronically limited as a result. im pretty sure there was only one or two different tyre options in that size available and they were twice the price of a 17inch

Amesz00

Adventurer
They're 16s, Michelin XZLs. You're right tho, only 16s in that size/weight are 255/100 and 11.00, both by Michelin and both exorbitantly expensive..
I don't know of any 16.5s here though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles