Continental Divide Overland Route and the Alpine Loop in Colorado - Picture Heavy

alia176

Explorer
What a great trip report. I thought it was just you, Piper and Max until the rest of the family just popped up!

Doc McCoy

Untitled Offroad
Great report! I also have spent a good amount time roaming around CO with the family. We live around the Boulder area.

We did Cinnamon Pass from Lake City west in our Syncro probably 4 yrs ago. Still had 14" wheels and 27" tires back then (not too difficult, but we did get a lot of looks from Jeepers (as usual :agree:))
View attachment 438173

I want to make the Engineers pass side this summer after we get our new van (4x4 sprinter, due any day!)

If you don't take Black Bear into Telluride, an easier, but still has some clincher points due to exposure (and it was hailing on us as we descended), is Ophir pass south of Telluride
View attachment 438174

Love that area!
Sweet! I'll be back to hit all the passes and trails in Colorado some year. Your backyard is amazing! The Syncro probably makes it a lot more interesting and technical. I dig it.
I'm about to embark on a similar trip from Okotoks -> Whitefish -> Yellowstone. Do you have a rough map / route you could share?
I've been traveling up to Tuktoyaktuk for the last few weeks. Totally missed this. I've got a gpx track that I followed but my recorded one got quite messed up a couple days in. Also, some of the areas that I traveled through in the Crowsnest Pass have been closed as of this year. Feel free to contact me via PM and I can answer any questions you might have. Unless you already did the trip ... then feel free to PM me to compare notes!
What a great trip report. I thought it was just you, Piper and Max until the rest of the family just popped up!
They flew down to Denver and met up with Max, Piper and I.
Epic travels, thank you for sharing!

Brian.
Thanks for reading!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles