Continental Divide Overland Route and the Alpine Loop in Colorado - Picture Heavy

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Awesome read and photos. Explored the Canadian Rockies this summer but have always been interested in vehicular exploration of the CDT. It'll have to be a trip someday.

Bottomfeeder

Observer
35852335221_b44182371b_b.jpg

Great post! Thanks for sharing with us!

This reminds me of my long time travel companion, Scooter, he never left my side. He was always ready to go on a journey.

TLWoPXu.jpg

jQw77Wi.jpg

9veCttS.jpg

lnZ61lE.jpg

mph

Expedition Leader
Awesome report. Nothing like traveling with the family. Your daughter's memories will last a lifetime. Thanks for the report.

Doc McCoy

Untitled Offroad
Thanks for sharing!
NP, appreciate that anyone at all is interested.

Awesome read and photos. Explored the Canadian Rockies this summer but have always been interested in vehicular exploration of the CDT. It'll have to be a trip someday.
I'm gonna have to check that out sounds like a good trip.

Great post! Thanks for sharing with us!

This reminds me of my long time travel companion, Scooter, he never left my side. He was always ready to go on a journey.
Good looking pup. They are so resilient and bring so much joy when they are around.

Awesome report. Nothing like traveling with the family. Your daughter's memories will last a lifetime. Thanks for the report.
I'm hoping some of the memories stick lol. Thanks for the kind words

dman93

Adventurer
Thanks for the great report and photos. Brought back good memories of riding down the Forestry Trunk Rd in 1987 on my Honda XL600, returning from Alaska and NWT, rain all the way. And 10-20 years later, a road trip to Colorado with wife and kids in our own 80 Series. And finally, camping in Whitefish and Seely Lake last summer with my wife, in my Tacoma with RTT. Daily setup and tear down of the RTT was a hassle and we went back to a ground tent, though I sometimes miss the space and view from the RTT.

CCPAJeeper

Observer
Great pics and write up. I did those loops, along with the Continental Divide two years ago. Really great ride. The memories of that trip, with your family, are priceless.

Farfrumwork

Great report! I also have spent a good amount time roaming around CO with the family. We live around the Boulder area.

We did Cinnamon Pass from Lake City west in our Syncro probably 4 yrs ago. Still had 14" wheels and 27" tires back then (not too difficult, but we did get a lot of looks from Jeepers (as usual :agree:))
cinnamon smaller.jpg

I want to make the Engineers pass side this summer after we get our new van (4x4 sprinter, due any day!)

If you don't take Black Bear into Telluride, an easier, but still has some clincher points due to exposure (and it was hailing on us as we descended), is Ophir pass south of Telluride
Ophir smaller.jpg

Love that area!

gillbrak

I'm about to embark on a similar trip from Okotoks -> Whitefish -> Yellowstone. Do you have a rough map / route you could share?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles