M1102 starting build

Patryn

Sooo it begins. Found a solid deal on a M1102 trailer. Had a few questions already that I know have been discussed but after re-reading all known content could not find a good answer to.

I just got it tagged and am looking to drop the run flats and wheels for some steels and run 285/75/16s.

I know someone suggested GM 8 lug wheels for the deep back spacing needed to not stick out past the trailer. Has anyone done this recently and know a good steel cheap wheel set of 2 i can buy?

Gunna be having a local prepping store in GA help out with mods and such but im a newbie to wheels.

Thanks for your help.

cyclic

Adventurer
Pretty much any older 8 lug rim will work. The newer the rim the less likely it will work.
What do you plan to tow it with?
If it doesn't have 8 lugs you might think about swapping the brakes drums to six lug and then run what ever six lug you want.

Patryn

Towing with multiple options, everything from a Xterra, to a Humvee and Full size Truck. Im dropping it down to make it more convenient for the former.

I was trying to hunt down some older rims, Id like to keep the 8 lug in case of the Humvee option becomes a regular thing.

djglover7

I am currently getting ready to purchase an M1102 and converting to GM 8x180mm wheels. There are at least two adapter
manufactures.

You need to know the target wheel rim offset (e.g. ET44) and hub diameter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles