ARB Aluminum Awning 2500?

HAFICON

Adventurer
Wondering the same, I am in the market for one and looking for user input. Also looking at the other ARB Awnings..

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Delica-Cover.jpg

So for what it's worth, we bought one and just installed it on our Delica using Yakima Round Bars and Bomber Products mounts. We haven't even pulled the awning out yet, however.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Any updates on this new ARB hard cover awning?

I am in the market to get one soon and am wondering if it's worth the extra cost.

It will be going on a 2000 Land Cruiser FWIW.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have a hard cover and it blends in well with my black FR rack. Did not want soft cover to be torn up on trees and bushes, maybe.
When I called them to order all that showed on the site was the standard aluminum (silver) cover. So I thought I would have to paint it. I was told, at that time, all that was available was black. Perfect for me.

Originally they offered mounting clips and that was mentioned in the site. When I got it there were no clips so I called and they said that they no longer offered them as stock cause most folks didn't use them. But since it was listed on the site they sent them to me. No longer are they offered., but you can still get them as special order.

Many have a rack (round bars) that they don't work well with. You will need to get other mounts as mentioned in previous post.

I really like the hard cover and would not have the fabric type. Although one of the clips that hold the poles inside the box did rub on the tarp fabric and would have eventually worn a hole, but I glued an extra piece of the fuzzy side of a velcro piece to the spot and now all is well. Good idea to not leave the awning deployed in heavy snow, I did and one of the upright poles bent and made for a less than wonderful trip, trying to get back in the box. As I was looking skyward into falling snow.

Happy trails

Yuke

Adventurer
From my experience the hardware on the closures is terrible. They are made of a very brittle plastic that fails often

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles