Robinson Fuso fire

Maninga

Adventurer
Well that's a bugger. Ours went up in flames ~6 weeks ago, though we managed to save it (5 minutes more and we'd have lost it), feel some of your pain.

Main thing is you're safe

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
Need help?

Let me know if you need any kind of help cleaning up, restoring things, or of any other kind. I can pretty much build a house from the ground up. Though I don’t have all my tools with me on the road, I can scoot down there quite easily from where I am in SW Ohio right now. Happy to help in any way you need, seriously.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Here are some views of the heat that the passenger side took. All of the plastic melted, front windshield is cracked. Fortunately none of the windows blew out from the thermal shock when they started cooling it with a water spray.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Looks painful but it survived. It looks like a few more parts are plastic on yours but still it can all be repaired.

Good luck.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Robinson Fuso is back on the road, we are now in Grand Junction, CO. We replaced a lot of plastic trim on the passenger side, along with the tires (they looked okay but took a lot of heat so I didn't trust them long term).

In the not to distant future we are going to have to replace the camper box, as the fiberglass took heavy stress from the fire and is now really brittle. There were two pretty good leaks that I've found and patched already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier