Groot the Explorer T100

Arclight

SAR guy
Subspd;2379215 Any suggestions on a rear locker? Not having even a limited slip seems like a major oversight in the original design. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
I have the Eaton Truetrac limited slip rear. It's a non-clutch posi that uses gears to supply both sides with torque. It has been very effective in sand and deep snow, and my wife doesn't need to think about it. Would do again.

Arclight

EDIT: Corrected the name. It was not the Auburn Gear.

Last edited:

Subspd

Adventurer
I have the Auburn Gear limited slip rear. It's a non-clutch posi that uses gears to supply both sides with torque. It has been very effective in sand and deep snow, and my wife doesn't need to think about it. Would do again.

Arclight

Thanks for the tip! After driving in the rain last night I feel this is a must add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subspd

Adventurer
So looks like I found some buckets from a local pick and pull yard. Going Monday to get them. I think I'll also try to get the center console or do you all think it's better to go aftermarket on the center console?

Arclight

SAR guy
So looks like I found some buckets from a local pick and pull yard. Going Monday to get them. I think I'll also try to get the center console or do you all think it's better to go aftermarket on the center console?

I'd get the center console. It's a pretty snug fit with the seats. I'd also pick up any AC vents, interior and dashboard trim and other small items you might be missing. The cup holder in the dashboard is also prone to breakage.

Arclight

Subspd

Adventurer
I'd get the center console. It's a pretty snug fit with the seats. I'd also pick up any AC vents, interior and dashboard trim and other small items you might be missing. The cup holder in the dashboard is also prone to breakage.

Arclight

Yeah I don't think I have ever seen a truck of this vintage without a broken cup holder!

Subspd

Adventurer
So Groot got a new muffler today. Someone had prior added a pretty poor *** muffler, they also had the exhaust exiting straight out under the bumper which did nothing for departure angles.
So had a properly sized muffler installed and had the exhaust rerouted to side exit like factory. This will also work into my eventual plans to ditch the rear bumper at some point.
7bd978b15bcdd0229fe41dbaddd5f853.jpg

c533ec8ceff530e69e951c79853f083c.jpg

Subspd

Adventurer
So I am getting $400 quotes to color match the camper top. Not going to pay that much...
What about going with a khaki tan color? I could color match the wheels and any other chrome bits?
Just trying to figure out an option that would look good and not cost $400. I would rather have that money put into useful, non cosmetic items.

Also today wired a hot fused wire to the rear truck bed so that I can have a light in the camper area and run an extra power port.

Subspd

Adventurer
So the beginning of the front seat swap has begun.
Center console with new latches.
6d093b49541664ce9adc49459040eeb2.jpg

522f0d905a6f7e1dd4906cccd42e8383.jpg

Also got a pair of bucket seats but need to get the seat belt buckles. Also the driver seat has a bolster tear so the debate is reupholster or get wet okal covers. I’m leaning toward the covers.

TheCascadeKid

Observer
Great to see another Yota getting the love it deserves! My vote would be for black on the camper shell. If you take a little time with the prep you may surprise yourself how well it comes out.

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Agreed with CascadeKid, I would rattle can it black and move on.

Nice work on finding the seats and center console, seriously the most comfortable seats of any truck I have owned!

Subspd

Adventurer
Seats getting cleaned before going in.
f48d524b48401512a099dab20ef98e67.jpg

35ec33eaa1ef4779970c3e9e854dab60.jpg

d636a91527ef623e0e388b54b3c332ef.jpg

Probably should have just replaced the carpet but the cleaning made a huge difference.
14355dbda3866ba7917bc86351a8d730.jpg

More pics to come.

Subspd

Adventurer
To finish the seat install I had to track down these babies. T100 seat belt buckles. They are specific to t100 with buckets. Tacoma ones I had sourced didn’t work.
11e460f3bb65985eec9ce016935e2f39.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles