Groot the Explorer T100

Subspd

Adventurer
So seats are in!
Also I added a center console and cleaned everything up. Tucked all the wiring for additional outlets under the carpet. And of course I have to show off my new factory cup holder. :)
dc06951f3f62f647442af10598ce72f5.jpg
b822847ad0d4fdc32a15643615f80755.jpg

45e65fc5173aedf29296ed7eeafd47c8.jpg

728d389c19b62fa56cba745e32dcc3d0.jpg

737c55eb10c733b8d24589306636ac3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loubaru

Adventurer
Holly crap, other than the tear doesn't even look like the same seats! What did you use the clean them? I'm assuming one of those handheld carpet cleaners?

Subspd

Adventurer
Holly crap, other than the tear doesn't even look like the same seats! What did you use the clean them? I'm assuming one of those handheld carpet cleaners?

Handheld carpet cleaners don’t get hot enough. Had a professional steam carpet cleaning company do it. Totally worth it to me!

Arclight

SAR guy
So I am getting $400 quotes to color match the camper top. Not going to pay that much...
What about going with a khaki tan color? I could color match the wheels and any other chrome bits?
Just trying to figure out an option that would look good and not cost $400. I would rather have that money put into useful, non cosmetic items.

Also today wired a hot fused wire to the rear truck bed so that I can have a light in the camper area and run an extra power port.

If you don't mind white, visit a West Marine or similar store and get their 2-part topside paint. You can apply it with a sprayer or an extra-fine foam roller, and it looks pretty good. It's a special paint used for painting the fiberglass on boats that is above the water line. Just prep it well (degrease, light sanding and remove windows) and it will come out well.

Another alternative would be to prep it yourself and take it to an Earl Scheib or similar discount painter. The work isn't bad IF you do 100% of the preparation yourself.

Arclight

weekend_

So I am getting $400 quotes to color match the camper top. Not going to pay that much...
What about going with a khaki tan color? I could color match the wheels and any other chrome bits?
Just trying to figure out an option that would look good and not cost $400. I would rather have that money put into useful, non cosmetic items.

I would rattle can it with color matching paint. You should be able to get something damn close from an auto paint store, ~3 cans for probably $40 total. I'm not a fan of mismatched camper tops, you're obviously trying to build something clean and sleek looking.

Subspd

Adventurer
I would rattle can it with color matching paint. You should be able to get something damn close from an auto paint store, ~3 cans for probably $40 total. I'm not a fan of mismatched camper tops, you're obviously trying to build something clean and sleek looking.

Good idea. I used that on an old houseboat roof I used to have. I’m debating if it wouldn’t be worth it to just keep looking for one in better shape in a color I could keep.

Working on interior organizing utilizing Velcro to keep some tools in place. Also going to mount an iPad for maps. But want it removable for security.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subspd

Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online