ARB Fridge error light when starting vehicle

Superduty

Adventurer
ARB fridge wired with 10 GA wire straight to battery (15 amp fuse). Anderson Connector connects the fridge to the 10 GA.

When I start the vehicle, the ARB fridge begins to flash red. it will flash for about a minute or so, and then switch back to the normal solid green light. Is this normal to occur?

Thank you

Superduty

Adventurer
The starter draws a lot of current when the vehicle starts.

According to a volt meter, the voltage isn't low. But maybe it hits a low voltage for a split second.

eatsleepwoof, is your fridge hooked to an aux battery?

My fridge is hooked to the primary / only battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Superduty

Adventurer
I was thinking it may be the low voltage cut off built in to the arb. I will adjust it to the low setting, I'm not sure it can be turned off.

It would depend how your aux battery is wired. Many are wired so that the aux is disconnected during starting.

Anyone out there with their fridge on a single battery? Does yours trigger the low voltage cut off when starting the vehicle?

The fridge goes back to normal within a minute. It isn't a big deal, just want to confirm it isn't some other issue.

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
One flash every five seconds of the red LED is the " code" for low battery cutoff.

Mine doesn't react to starting the rig but goes into this mode right about 48 hours after shutting the engine off in hot weather when set to "med"

Superduty

Adventurer
One flash every five seconds of the red LED is the " code" for low battery cutoff.

Mine doesn't react to starting the rig but goes into this mode right about 48 hours after shutting the engine off in hot weather when set to "med"
Does your fridge run off an aux battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles