Unique Overland Truck For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon goalen

Unique Overland Truck For Sale
Expedition Truck/Off Road RV/Go anywhere Motorhome.

For Sale in the New Year - for now we are just trying to gauge interest as we are still travelling/living in it. We are currently travelling around New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona so it may be possible for interested parties to see this truck while we are in these states if you can travel to wherever we are.
This vehicle is likely to be available from sometime in the early part of 2018.

The truck is a 1991 model but the cabin was built in 2015.
I am a fully qualified, experienced engineer and this is the latest in a long line of expedition vehicles that I have designed and built myself.
Importing paperwork and costs would need to be organised by the buyer as we are unable to import to the USA as we are not US citizens.

More information about this vehicle and where it has been can be seen on our blog:
http://www.roverlandcampers.co.uk/our-vehicle/

There are endless photographs on this page:
http://www.roverlandcampers.co.uk/truck-photos/

The truck is very capable as an off-road vehicle and as a camper, as you will see from our movies. With the solar panels and existing water tanks we are able to be self-contained and live off-grid for an entire week.

To watch the truck in action see our youtube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoNT2zj_BfYD5U5K_513fsA

Or our instagram:
yta_yellowtruckabroad

This may be a one of a kind opportunity for someone to own a unique and special vehicle that is less than 7.5 tonnes that will do what this will do. In my previous role of Expedition Leader for a leading Global Overland Travel company, I have driven several different expedition vehicles across the continents of Africa, Asia and the Americas and this one is up there with the best. It would be difficult to part with!

Starting price:
£46000 - ultimately the transaction must be made in British Pounds.
At the current exchange rate this is around $60,000 US or $75000 CAN.
Buyer pays banking fees for the foreign currency transaction.

The reasons we are considering selling this vehicle:
The cost to ship it back to the UK is high and, as we will have to return to work and will not be able to use the vehicle much for some years on our return, we are considering not shipping it back and letting someone else enjoy it instead.

We have been very comfortable travelling and living full time in this truck but this was always a temporary arrangement for us - unfortunately we are a long way off retirement!

Timing of our departure from the USA and the availability of the vehicle for sale is dependent on a few factors that we will discuss with anyone who is genuinely interested. We will also consider the wishes of a potential buyer in terms of timing.

If anyone is interested please look at the information on our blog and contact me with any questions that are not answered in the available information online or to discuss your possible interest. My email address is:
jon@roverlandcampers.co.uk

Attachments

• 20170209_110757A.jpg
    20170209_110757A.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 8,072
  • 20150101_230454A.jpg
    20150101_230454A.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 8,126
  • 20150101_050300A.jpg
    20150101_050300A.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 8,098
  • Version 2 (1).jpg
    Version 2 (1).jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 8,043
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 8,075
  • IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 8,042
  • Version 2.jpg
    Version 2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 8,016
Last edited:

kmcintyre

Observer
I always "like" these "gauging interests" posts. They really should say, "what will you pay for this if we decide to sell it? If it's high enough, we'll sell it to you".

jon goalen

what will you pay for this if we decide to sell it? If it's high enough, we'll sell i

Just for clarification........
What we are saying is this:
This vehicle is currently being used, however it will be for sale in the new year IF there is anyone who might like to purchase it.
We are giving people the opportunity to ask questions and request pictures and even meet us to see it IF they think it might be the truck for them. We are also giving people time and the opportunity to ensure that they can arrange finance and importing, should they wish to buy it.
We want to sell to someone who understands what they are buying and to give them time to ensure it is the right purchase for them.
The starting price is listed to give people an idea of the minimum we expect for it. People can make an offer now, as they would for any purchase, or wait until the new year, as they wish, or not make an offer at all if our starting price is too high for them.
That is all.
If anyone is genuinely interested and wants answers or clarification about anything to do with this truck they are free to speak to us and we will be happy to oblige.
We have put some new posts on our blog www.roverlandcampers.co.uk with many of the questions that we are being asked alongside answers. We are also adding more photographs on our gallery daily to help people to see what our truck is like. Some people are now making arrangements with us to see it for themselves.

Yaldor

Clearly, arranging the legal importation of such vehicle will take time, effort and money. On the CBP web site they warn that the cost to make a vehicle US compliant may be more than a vehicle cost.

Therefor, it looks to me that any effort of anyone wants to sell or to buy such vehicle at a very specific time (before the vehicle has to be exported back to the UK, since it can not stay in the US more than one year) - must be focused on the US certification process.

Since the seller, who is now in possetion and the thus the only one can now do this lengthy process is not doing anything toward this aim, my guess is that this vehicle will find it's way back to the UK.

But maybe I am wrong and it is easy.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
We bought this from a Swiss couple; they were also touring the US and decided to sell. The Saurer 6dm was driven to Arkansas and to Swiss Army Vehicles in Fayetteville. The owner of the company had it checked out by the State Patrol (certification), and then, he submitted the paperwork to their DMV, and 6 weeks later, a new Arkansas title was in the mail. I bought the truck, drove it back to Arizona, took the AR title to our DMV, and now it's registered in Arizona! State Farm insurance took a bit of time trying to insure it, but, it's insured. So, a 1992 or older vehicle from Europe can be titled here in the US, and it wasn't difficult. We have a 'build page' on Expedition Vehicles 'other', if anyone wants to see what it looks like now.

Yaldor

Yap. The first thing on my mind was that this has to be taken the the DMV where the truck will be registed and get their requirements for paperwork. Only at that point I can proceed with considering buying it.

Last edited:

jon goalen

Thank you for your constructive and helpful advice, Grenadiers.
When we posted about our truck we did not factor into our starting price any importing costs or the expectation that we would to do it ourselves as we are not US citizens. We also had the idea that whoever buys our truck would like control of this process and to register it in their own State. No point in registering it in one only to redo it for another in this instance! It seems that for some people this is not an issue and we now expect that your advice will help even more - so it is much appreciated, thank you. Interestingly, several of our enquiries have come from Canada and it appears not to be an issue if you are in BC. Again, we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience in this. Thank you.

Deshet

Adventurer
What are the dimensions in inches and feet? Can you provide the inside and outside dimensions? In some pictures it looks small. It almost looks like an ambulance.

1.jpg

Is the body considered to be a Van?

jon goalen

What are the dimensions in inches and feet? Can you provide the inside and outside dimensions? In some pictures it looks small. It almost looks like an ambulance.

It is just over 7 ft wide, under 20 ft long, only 10.5 ft high.

From floor to ceiling, ie; standing up space in the cooking area, it is 6′ 1″.

Inside dimensions of the camper body/box are: length 10' 2” and width is 6' 5”.

No it is not classed as a van. It is a truck with a camper body.

jon goalen

A quick update, this truck is still For Sale.
We have been up to Colorado over to Utah and down to Arizona and are now back in Albuquerque, New Mexico for a few days. We are heading up to Santa Fe next week and then down to Austin, Texas for 2 weeks starting the week before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles