The why and how for an adventure trailer. "Chuck" is Done!

BAM298

Wow, this is so nice I'm scared to ask what it ran....or what it weighs.

I'm actually headed down to visit family in Lexington this weekend so it's nice to know RLC isn't far, I'm still considering my options on build vs buy trailer but your build is awesome!

Jojo29er

Observer
Wow, this is so nice I'm scared to ask what it ran....or what it weighs.

I'm actually headed down to visit family in Lexington this weekend so it's nice to know RLC isn't far, I'm still considering my options on build vs buy trailer but your build is awesome!

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I worry about the weight also. Time will tell, once I get ask the cabinets done I'll take it to get weighed, inspected.

As for costs I'm in for the bone stock without my finishes for just a tad more than a Smittybilt.

James at RLC was good to work with, great fabricator. Being able to adjust dimensions to accommodate what I wanted to put inside was a huge plus.

Last edited:

honda250xtitan

Wow! This ******** is expensive!

lol. and then you spend the big bucks on KO2's and matching trd pro wheels. I'm super jelly btw. I found some used Coopers and some super scratched SR5 wheels. The 4runner has trail wheels with ko2's at least.

Trailer looks KILLER. For that price and being able to have a fabricator build it to your specs i'd say you made out great. I'm at 2k on my trailer, thats me building it myself. And without nearly the level of refinement that yours has.

Jojo29er

Observer
lol. and then you spend the big bucks on KO2's and matching trd pro wheels. I'm super jelly btw. I found some used Coopers and some super scratched SR5 wheels. The 4runner has trail wheels with ko2's at least.

Trailer looks KILLER. For that price and being able to have a fabricator build it to your specs i'd say you made out great. I'm at 2k on my trailer, thats me building it myself. And without nearly the level of refinement that yours has.

Yeah, I splurged on the rims and tires. Being a firefighter I get tires at cost here in Lexington, that saved me a bunch.

I'm doing pretty good on my budget so far. I'm afraid my power system may kill that. If I can keep it fairly reasonable it's a CVT tent on top, if not it's a Smittybilt.

A 270 awning will come but I won't be able to swing that this year.

honda250xtitan

I just wanna use it a season and then make a list and add on/redo. I know its gonna be a long expensive list lol. water heater, bigger water tank, RTT, etc.

Jojo29er

Observer
Got most of the cabinets and drawers made, still need to stain and install the faces. I used Accuride heavy pull slides, only $11 each. They have great feel, I don't believe they'll open during transport.

Attachments

• 20180418_085900.jpg
    20180418_085900.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 70

Jojo29er

Observer
Also had a chance to play with the tent and annex. Annex is a little long but still works, doubt I'll use it much but it's a nice addition.

Attachments

• 20180410_132130_resized.jpg
    20180410_132130_resized.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81

Etoimos

Observer
Nice looking trailer. I'm trying to decide between the buy, build, or mostly built option you went for. I'll be going to Expo West to check out what all is on the market, but it is great reading all of the different build threads to get an idea of those options as well. Thanks for posting this.

Jojo29er

Observer
Nice looking trailer. I'm trying to decide between the buy, build, or mostly built option you went for. I'll be going to Expo West to check out what all is on the market, but it is great reading all of the different build threads to get an idea of those options as well. Thanks for posting this.

Key is finding a fabricator who's willing to work with you for a decent price. Otherwise may be better to buy. I got lucky. Been hard not to cut corners on quality and being patient to finish. Deadline is July 4th, off for our trip out west to Glacier NP. Almost done. Still have to wire the 12v system. Hopefully I'll have some more finished pics soon.

Jojo29er

Observer
Got drawer faces and panels stained this weekend. Spray lacquer this week.

Attachments

• 20180520_141348_resized.jpg
    20180520_141348_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20180520_185011_resized.jpg
    20180520_185011_resized.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180520_185101_resized.jpg
    20180520_185101_resized.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 39

Jojo29er

Observer