BedRug vs BedTred vs Factory Carpet

Wrap Dude

Looking for some input/help on the BedRug vs BedTred for durability, Dog Hair ( Yellow Lab/Golden mix Shed Factory ), stuff sliding around, etc. Does the BedRug clean better than the Factory Carpet? Truly more stain resistant? I looked at the "coin" style material, and I think it's too slippery. Van is used for daily work van/family weekend cruiser.

Corneilius

Adventurer
Never used a BedTred, but lots of experience with the other 2 in multiple vans. BedRug is much thicker than factory carpet but definitely harder to get dog hairs, wood shavings etc out of the tight ply. It doesn't show as many stains but we've always gotten the black ones so that helps. They do fit nicely.

In my van I needed something that was easy to clean/durable and that my dogs wouldn't slide around on. I had to compromise by putting down coin flooring, then using foam tiles as "area rugs" in places of heavy wear/ where the dogs would walk.

I load and haul dirty heavy stuff in my van, but its also my camper. The foam tiles take most of the abuse and are easy to replace. The coin floor catches any spills and is easier to mop clean. Downside is that it was trickier to install. I was lucky I had a floor template already, you might be able to use your old carpet.

Edit: my build thread may or may not have update pictures with the coin floor, I can't remember. Ill update it soon.

DRLexpress

Observer
Will be watching this thread, hope you get some good info. I got the bed rug but can't help with a review because I am still building and have not got it dirty yet. My problem is the carpet up front. I wanted matching carpet there but can't find any body that makes the molded carpet for an '04 express. Chevy only wants $800 for just the piece that goes under the seats and up to the firewall. :eek: I called Bedrug and they are selling me a piece of their flat stock and I will try to cut and form it myself.

dcullen

Observer
I have the bedrug in my van and a 100 pound Great Pyrenees/ Golden mix "Shed Factory". I find that the rug cleans up pretty easy with a normal house carpet vacuum. Yes, there are some things that you have to pull by hand and then run over with the vacuum, but overall it cleans up pretty quick. I'd say it does very well with stains, but I also have the black version as another has stated above. Doesn't stain with utah red sand, whiskey, dog puke or diesel fuel... but aside from water these are the only things I've spilled on it. Overall I would recommend it because it fits about perfect and takes 5 min to toss in and its done. Hope this helps.

djbonsu

Adventurer
I have the bedrug in my van and I like it! Its think, fits well, easy to cut (captain chair bases) and durable but it does start to get a little fuzzy in high traffic areas. My van hauls everything from people, to dj/band gear & equipment, generators, building materials etc etc. My only complaint is that it does look as nice in the high traffic areas but that is to be expected and i have the dark grey or black version. No experience with the other two.

Wrap Dude

"Doesn't stain with utah red sand, whiskey, dog puke or diesel fuel..." Freaking Love It !! Our dog Doesn't like the Whiskey either...HAHAHA....

4x4pair

Adventurer
I have the BedTred. I really like how durable it is but it is a little slippery and a bit hard if you're crawling around on your hands and knees looking for something. We've always had a couple foam rugs in there for ease of cleanup anyway so we left them in there and it solved both issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

dcguillory

Adventurer
I have the bedrug. I have not found it to be hard to clean. Maybe I'm not as picky. It is super thick and makes putting the seats in that first time really hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier