Parts for 2017 Titans

Ryan Rogers

Adventurer
Anyone else out there with a 2017 Titan (non-XD)?

I'd like to start kitting mine out a little, but I'm not finding much in the way of parts. It looks like there are only two bull bar options currently, and I've found 1 set of rock sliders (calmini). I think I'm going to hold off and see if ARB drops a bull bar, but I know that might be unlikely. The other two are not my style.

Part of me would like to keep it stock-keep it simple, but part of me has that mod bug too :sombrero:

qfx_O8kR8DLs0DxuQetK40gJIFRWtSOyM53wkOXAZc8aPa26zukkq37psqI0o5_aaNuOoM2c32h147bnnNFKCclR9ZDRp6CrEBGfYlA4NWbnjLANNpfULUbp4-bD7qcei0FYWAwHHteQDET4ce5ixdqShdtQxxhPG4XVnfpe751AqfPTmS0jOld14nFH5pqZtoxg7PVjqw0EigpnxV7z9AT8x0EH5x1Q7qB5BhX-KYQvSace9tHnLPApqXBwrxPaLvRvvLl80-4rYRGAyCqeM8LPU-dMO-TC3iomfj-DIqr_T6oLGqAdexsSEePiA4BQD-oSIl8GdYTHuLo_rcWglEcInUqqjSL8BZ0ul-I4RDwTwwwULlL_Q4hZDhYesaDImtZ7LyPTnm5ef6ZEOeUidcHBCpIX737psjKI0LZS9ewSU3uIwrE-IjPJ7xVazDuwtOYVBaSyqE8kOdC9LC88g1Lx6jqXvc166K2fRtt4cvjrn77WbDYQupn126RrykbUu0ktSiTsOKm-vezGvNvXnSwlWrWInblYN6cRW01ogsl9wNRDgKvRT5gHMtA67A9XJQ499FQJczN27EsUR0QWBXsTwXkEeTKUEidCLVTY9A=w1102-h1103-no

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
I expect that parts will trickle out as the truck sells more units. I got my 2017 Pro-4X in November and haven’t really customized it at all.

On the other hand, there were a small but meaningful number of parts options for my 2015 Pro-4X. They’re never going to match what’s available for the US branded trucks, but it’ll get better.

My biggest concern is that the different frames between the regular and XD trucks will keep the market smaller than it might otherwise get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTGunner

MTGunner
I bought a 2017 Titan XD SV four door last Nov. Would like to at least ad a bull bar. Who advertises them? Thanks in advance. MTG

Climber1

I just picked up a 2017 Titan and I’m having a hard time finding anything out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WEK207

I would hope that either Aluminess or ARB come out with some bumpers/bull bars but there don't seem to be many companies making anything yet.

Ryan Rogers

Adventurer
I expect that parts will trickle out as the truck sells more units. I got my 2017 Pro-4X in November and haven't really customized it at all.

On the other hand, there were a small but meaningful number of parts options for my 2015 Pro-4X. They're never going to match what's available for the US branded trucks, but it'll get better.

My biggest concern is that the different frames between the regular and XD trucks will keep the market smaller than it might otherwise get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That does seem to be an issue. There seem to be parts trickling out for XD trucks, but not much on the non-XD side.

Many of the bumpers I've looked at say XD only. The body panels on both are the same (I think), but I'm guessing the frame mounts would be different between the XD and non-XD.

I'm considering buying a used ARB bull bar for an older Titan, and seeing if I can modify to make it work....

_hein_

Observer
We are also new 2017 Titan SL crew owners.

Planning on getting the chrome grill and bumper wrapped or painted body color (gun metal). Then some black wheels but no lift or anything off-road planned. Got it mostly for towing the boat and highway cruising. But can't help modding stuff so who knows. We do have access to some scan data so could do some design work perhaps...

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan.com

Last edited:

Ryan Rogers

Adventurer
We are also new 2017 Titan SL crew owners.

Planning on getting the chrome grill and bumper wrapped or painted body color (gun metal). Then some black wheels but no lift or anything off-road planned. Got it mostly for towing the boat and highway cruising. But can't help modding stuff so who knows. We do have access to some scan data so could do some design work perhaps...

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan.com

I liked the SL, but the Pro4x was more my style (plus I like the color matched grill, with black insert).

It's a great truck. I think you'll like it. It does have some minor annoyances (mostly related to electric stuff inside).

If you end up building some parts up, please post when you do. I love the truck, but I'm always itching to change things! I'm trying to finish up my rally raid beetle, then I may splurge for the Icon suspension package.

_hein_

Observer
I liked the SL, but the Pro4x was more my style (plus I like the color matched grill, with black insert).

It's a great truck. I think you'll like it. It does have some minor annoyances (mostly related to electric stuff inside).

If you end up building some parts up, please post when you do. I love the truck, but I'm always itching to change things! I'm trying to finish up my rally raid beetle, then I may splurge for the Icon suspension package.

Do like the features of the Pro4X but didn't want the lift. The truck we got has most of the creature features. We are enjoying it and looking at having our chrome grill surround and bumper color matched either with vinyl wrap or paint. Leaning towards getting new parts to have painted and then selling the chrome ones. Also planning on the Nissan black 8.5" wide wheels and some slightly larger Michelin LTX M/S tires 285/60. (test fitted a 275/65 which rubs.) We need to tow a boat so want the extra stability. We have those tires on our vans and previous truck. Do like them.

I am considering a designing/cnc'ing a low key fender badge. Bull bar wouldn't be too hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles