Tunoma's 2005 Tundra - DC Build

Tunoma0507

Hello all! I am finally glad to get this build going after putting it off 3 years. This build might drag some because I am in currently in college, so funds can be tight at times. However, the truck as been very well maintained and I am very lucky to have no frame rust issues. I am somewhat new to doing my own mechanical work but eager to learn.

Armour:
Brute Force Fab Front Bumper with ARB Hoop design w/ 20in LED Provision

Suspension:
King Coilovers
Camburg UCAs
2in rear block

Lighting:
Full LED Interior
Rigid Industries D2 Spot lights mount on Rago Fabrication Ditch Light Brackets
Rigid Industries D-Series SAE Log Lights w/ Deutsch to 9006 Connector Adapter to retain factory Fog Light switch

Wheels & Tires:
BFG KO2s 265/75/16
Factory Wheels

Interior:
Pioneer AVH-X391BHS
PanaVise InDash Mount: Part Number: 751371300
Ram Mount, Ram Mount 1in Ball, Ram Mount Composite Short arm for 1in ball
Coverking neoprene seat covers

Recovery:
Smittybilt XRC 9500lb Winch

Electrical:
Homemade Relay Box

Planned mods:
930 High Angle CV Boots
Brute Force Fab Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders
Pinsu roof rack
Skid Plates (possibly Skidrow)
Fox 10' Rear Shocks
SCS Matte Gunmetal 17x8.5 SR8's
Front Bumper mounted light bar
Archive Garage U-bolt flip kit
Archive Garage Deaver Spring Packs
ARB Compressor
Dual Battery???
Bed Rack
RTT
CB, HAM, NAV, and etc. Setup
Extended brake lines
Diff Breather Mod
285/75/17 tires
Snorkel

Mods Ordered:

I do not have a photo of the truck stock, but this is how it sits now:
20170928_152251.jpg

Last edited:

Kpack

Adventurer
Great to see another Gen1 Tundra, and another 4-door at that. I'm working on a very similar build to yours at the moment, with a few slight differences. Icon's on mine instead of King's, and Wheeler's AAL in the back. I also have a Brute Force Fab front and sliders coming, hopefully in the next few weeks. Be prepared for a very long wait....the original 12 week estimate has been blown out of the water and now I'm sitting at 19+ weeks. The end result will be great though....got a close look at a Brute Force bumper on Lance's truck and it was great.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you build the truck out. Looks great already. White was what I really wanted, but all I could find was black. BTW, any idea what percentage your windows are tinted at?

-Kevin

Tunoma0507

Great to see another Gen1 Tundra, and another 4-door at that. I'm working on a very similar build to yours at the moment, with a few slight differences. Icon's on mine instead of King's, and Wheeler's AAL in the back. I also have a Brute Force Fab front and sliders coming, hopefully in the next few weeks. Be prepared for a very long wait....the original 12 week estimate has been blown out of the water and now I'm sitting at 19+ weeks. The end result will be great though....got a close look at a Brute Force bumper on Lance's truck and it was great.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you build the truck out. Looks great already. White was what I really wanted, but all I could find was black. BTW, any idea what percentage your windows are tinted at?

-Kevin

Wow 19+ week lead times, now I am really confused. I ordered my front bumper last week and I asked about the lead times on the bumpers. The guy said the lead times were 8-10 weeks. It is also funny you ask about the tint on my windows. I just recently looked into that and found it either came from the factory like that or the previous owner did something to the window. In short, there is no tint on the windows. The only tint I have is a strip along the top of the windshield. I can take a better picture of this on my lunch break so you can get a better look.

lhanson

Adventurer
Difference in lead time may be due to Billy catching up and he now has hired a helper. He also has a bigger shop happening any day now ?

What king setup are you going with? They don’t make a stock or extended stock location one. I decided to go cutom fab rear option.

Excited to see another Tundra build. Keep them coming!

Tunoma0507

Difference in lead time may be due to Billy catching up and he now has hired a helper. He also has a bigger shop happening any day now 

What king setup are you going with? They don’t make a stock or extended stock location one. I decided to go cutom fab rear option.

Excited to see another Tundra build. Keep them coming!

Lhanson, the king setup I am wanting is just like yours. How did you go about getting custom kings made?

On a side note, your build and a few builds got me motivated to get the ball rolling on my own.

txmxer

Try down south motorsports, they'll get you set up and can valve your coilovers for your application (going to need a higher spring rate for the heavy bumper and skids). Talk to micah.

Tunoma0507

Try down south motorsports, they'll get you set up and can valve your coilovers for your application (going to need a higher spring rate for the heavy bumper and skids). Talk to micah.

Appreciate the info! I do plan on going with a higher rated spring to support the weight.

lhanson

Adventurer
Lhanson, the king setup I am wanting is just like yours. How did you go about getting custom kings made?

On a side note, your build and a few builds got me motivated to get the ball rolling on my own.

You can order it through any king dealer. You just need to provide them specs you want them built at such as: hose length, fittings, spring rate, resi or resi with compression clicker. Build time is 1-3months. You’ll need to come up with mounting bracket as they don’t include as it is not a kit they offer.

Glad we could spark your build up ha!

Tunoma0507

In case any of you are interested in having some custom decals, there is a guy on TacomaWorld that goes by the name of cboy808. He does a fantastic job on custom decals.

I am getting him to make me pair of custom TRD bedside decals listed below, for 45$ shipped.
trd.jpg

Loubaru

Adventurer
Nice to see another G1 Tundra on the board. Maybe I should finally start a build thread...Guess I need to do more "building" other than fixing a couple minor issues and adding a new stereo/back up camera first :).

Tunoma0507

Nice to see another G1 Tundra on the board. Maybe I should finally start a build thread...Guess I need to do more "building" other than fixing a couple minor issues and adding a new stereo/back up camera first :).

That's pretty much how I started out by just installing a stereo and switching my interior to LEDs. I still find small things to do while my wallet recovers from buying a bumper. I am currently looking at a clever way to setup an ipad and my phone on RAM mounts so they are not in my way. i have found some sources from a tacoma where I could install a RAM mount bracket within the climate control.

Tunoma0507

Finally got around to installing my PanaVise bracket to mount my RAM mount on for my phone. I have also went back and updated my original post with the bracket and RAM mount pieces I used.

20171019_180608.jpg

20171019_180716 (1).jpg

20171019_180731.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles