Lowa Renegade Hiking Boots

Hey guys! I went on some epic hikes in Zion National Park in Utah. This video has footage of Angels Landing, probably the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. In the video I review the boots my girlfriend and I wore on our hiking vacation in Utah. Lowas aren't cheap, but they performed well and were very comfortable. It's hard finding women's hiking boots that come in wide sizes, but Lowa offers it. We hiked for days and had no issues.

+Gore-Tex, waterproof and breathable
+wide sizes
+stability
+good traction
+comfortable

-some people mentioned they don't last long. Through my personal experience, if you take care of your gear it'll take care of you. I never leave boots in the car to bake in the hot sun. I clean dirt and mud off them after use because the bud could dry the leather. I pick out the pebbles that get logged in between the lugs on the out sole. Just some real basic stuff and haven't had issues with any quality boots.

krick3tt

Adventurer
My first pair of Lowa boots were Alpine that I bought in the 70's and they lasted me 30+ years. They just became too heavy for me. I got a pair of the new Lowa Renegades last year and I have to say they are incredibly comfortable. Long and short hikes, just wearing them in the Rover all day to get to trail and still they are easy on the feet. Perhaps some would call them expensive but I used my REI dividend to help and when I can get as many years out of a pair of boots like Lowa can give me, the cost breaks way down. Never buy cheap boots.

Happy trails

Last edited:

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
On my third pair of Lowa Renegades. The stitching fell apart on the first one, stitched it back up, then the soles delaminated on the first and second. My wifes Lowa's soles also delaminated. The only reason I had so many was because I bought multiple pairs when they were available, but I'll probably be looking at a different brand next time. They're extremely comfortable and lighter than they look, but I wish they were more durable.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I love my Lowas. Never had a pair of Renegades as they are a bit lightweight for my needs.

Currently running a pair of Tibet GTX boots.

They too have had a few stitches pop, but once repaired, nothing to report.
The vibram soles are just about done for, been wondering if I should resole them or just buy another set.

They have been fantastic boots though, surviving 8+ years of backpacking.

Comfy, tough, and stable.

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Lowa is a good boot, that's what I have. I couldn't find any decent American made boot so had to look for European made.

My first pair of Lowa boots were Alpine that I bought in the 70's and they lasted me 30+ years. They just became too heavy for me. I got a pair of the new Lowa Renegades last year and I have to say they are incredibly comfortable. Long and short hikes, just wearing them in the Rover all day to get to trail and still they are easy on the feet. Perhaps some would call them expensive but I used my REI dividend to help and when I can get as many years out of a pair of boots like Lowa can give me, the cost breaks way down. Never buy cheap boots.

Happy trails

Wow that's amazing! I was really surprised my GF thought they were comfy for her. She always complains about her shoes hurting her feet, even her joggers. I'm with you brother, never buy cheap boots. Very good advice.

On my third pair of Lowa Renegades. The stitching fell apart on the first one, stitched it back up, then the soles delaminated on the first and second. My wifes Lowa's soles also delaminated. The only reason I had so many was because I bought multiple pairs when they were available, but I'll probably be looking at a different brand next time. They're extremely comfortable and lighter than they look, but I wish they were more durable.

Sorry to hear that brother, I hope these hold up for me and my gf.

I love my Lowas. Never had a pair of Renegades as they are a bit lightweight for my needs.

Currently running a pair of Tibet GTX boots.

They too have had a few stitches pop, but once repaired, nothing to report.
The vibram soles are just about done for, been wondering if I should resole them or just buy another set.

They have been fantastic boots though, surviving 8+ years of backpacking.

Comfy, tough, and stable.

Those Tibets look really nice. Yeah the Renegades are for lighter duty, I might have to look into their backpacking boots soon.

I have GTX mids I used to wear, they lasted 3 years. I have Asolo now.
Kevin

3 years is pretty good in my book. Asolo look like fine boots!

Lowa is a good boot, that's what I have. I couldn't find any decent American made boot so had to look for European made.

I've been eyeing Danner Mountain Light boots but I can't find any close by to try on. So far so good with the Lowas. Most comfy hiking boots I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles